Losing it all

(Preston's POV)

As a pure white wolf was about to charge at Vikk who was a German shepherd I jumped quietly on top of a large rock and howled loudly.

All eyes were on me now, and I quickly jumped down and picked up Vikk, and ran into the bushes towards our camp.

I eventually slowed down to a walk, knowing that it was safe to walk. "C-can you put me down?" Vikk asked while wincing from the pain of the battle "Sure but are you okay Vikk?" I asked as I set him down.

"Y-yeah I'm just a little beaten by that pure white wolf" Vikk said while avoiding my eyes, "Atleast you are okay, Lachlan is going to kill me!" I said while still looking at Vikk.

"Wait why?" Vikk asked while turning to meet my eyes, "He's over protective of the pack." I said knowing about Lachlan's want to protect Vikk more than anyone in the pack.

"Come on lets keep going or else Mitch, Lachlan, and Pete will be mad at me" I said while shaking my pelt for no reason. When I was about to start walking I heard a yawn from Vikk.

"Sleepy?" I asked him "Yeah kind of though I can-" Vikk said before I could cut him off "I can carry you while you sleep, I got more energy in me than you do." I said while crouching down for him to climb up onto my back. 

I felt Vikk's claws scratch my back as he managed to get onto my back, when he was up I heard the rustle of the bushes and decided to keep walking,

I was concentrating on where we were only enough to manage to hear a small snore from Vikk, 'he's asleep...' I thought as a familiar smell hit my nose, 'we are here' I looked up to see that it was getting to be dawn.

"great." I said flatly at the time, I kept walking until I got to the door 'lets hope someone is awake.' I thought as I scratched the door to let someone know that I was here.

The door opened to reveal Pete "Pete!" I said as I looked into his eyes. "Finally your back-" Pete said before noticing Vikk on my back. "We need to get him looked at first questions later!" I said as I walked past him and towards the living room.

I looked around and laid Vikk onto the couch only to be tackled by Mitch "What happened Preston!" Mitch demanded, "He needs to be checked first!" I said to Mitch as I saw hate in his eyes.

"Preston." Mitch said challenging, "Mitch." I said right back, I heard footsteps coming from Lachlan's room and Lachlan had appeared at the stairs, he was staring at me, Mitch, and Vikk.

"What's going on?" Lachlan asked confused at what was going on, "I got back with Vikk and-" I managed to say until Lachlan saw Vikk, "What happened to him!?" Lachlan said worried.

"Don't know but I think Preston had something to do with it." Mitch said while glaring down at me. "I didn't do anything now get Andi in here so that we can make sure he is okay!" I said demanding at Mitch, Lachlan, and Pete.

I felt Mitch let go of me and walked towards Andi's room, I stayed on the ground just thinking things over until Rob had showed up at the stairs, I looked into his eyes to see sadness, and confusement in his eyes.

I looked away from his eyes and at Vikk, I got up and tied to walk over to Vikk but was quickly blocked by Lachlan. "Let me past." I say challenging, while not wanting to hurt Lachlan.

"No." Lachlan said his eyes held nothing they were cold, I looked over to Pete who looked away right as my eyes landed on him.

"Fine!" I said as I went to the door and opened it I looked back at them to see Mitch was glaring at me, anger clear in his eyes. "Preston." I heard someone say which brought my attention to Vikk.

"What." I said my voice now cold which made everyone in the room flinch 'everything is leaving me!" I thought as I stopped myself from growling.

"I-I know who attacked me..." Vikk said trying to look into my eyes while I avoided looking at him. "Who." I said again, my voice sounded even colder than when I first noticed that it was going cold.

I saw Vikk glance at Rob and back at me, his eyes held sadness in them, "No!" I said anger in my voice. "How could you!" I saw turning my attention to Rob.

"Look-" Rob managed to say before I cut him off "I trusted you with my life...I guess I can't trust anyone!" I said only running out the door after I said that. Tears went down my cheeks and I went into the forest and towards the first camp that we had.

When I was there I saw Lyric sitting there looking up at the morning sky, wiping away my tears I walked forward and towards Lyric "Lyric?" I said to her.

"Yes?" She said as she looked back at me "Why are you out here?" I asked knowing the next thing that she was going to say. "I'm....Leaving the....Pack.." She said while trying to not sound sad but confident.

Then my heart broke 'everything is truly gone now' I thought as I looked at the ground "I hope you can accept this but I all ready know where I am going to live..." She said almost whimpering at the words.

"No it's okay..." I said as I turned my back towards her and walked away from her leaving her in the middle of the clearing.

I must have walked a long way because it was already sun high, and I was lost in thought 'Mitch hates me, Lachlan is mad, and Rob tried to kill Vikk and would rather choose to be with another pack instead of us.' I thought angry at what was happening.

" I lost everything in at least an full twelve hours." I said to my self until I looked up to find that I was in the middle of a clearing.

A guy with blond hair, a green hoodie, and white pants stood at the side of the clearing, "Preston long time no see-"