Queen of Hearts and King of Spades

Start from the beginning

"They aren't airheaded enough to date you." Rudhra said.

"You –" She began.

"STOP" I said.

"So why are you here?" I asked her.

"What do you mean? I am here to help you pick your wedding saree."

"Whaaat?"

"Your wedding's only four months away." She said.

"Whaaat?"

"We made plans, remember?" She said

"Whaaat?"

"Well, to be honest, I kind of invited myself. Thought helping you pick your wedding saree was a sure shot way of killing time. It's mid May and the weather's making me annoying. Also, remember it's your turn to give me a treat. You haven't still given me one for buying that cute pink tops last month. You think you can conveniently escape from it, but I keep tabs, you see. I even downloaded an app for reminding myself. You can run, but you can never hide." She said, as she showed me her phone, with dates marked 'Sams Treat Days.'

"I empathise with you but sorry bih, not interested." I said, petting her head like she was a cute puppy.

Rudra, who was in the background all this while, let out a snort.

Meera's face contorted into a grin. "I empathise with you too."

"Why?" I asked, puzzled.

"Your entire family's just waiting outside."

.

.

.

Damn.

.

.

BRB time to use floo powder and live in Hogsmead forever.

BYE

As if on cue, the familiar voices popped up, and my sister's two kids came inside, each holding a piece of the transformers toy they'd clearly just broken (one clutched the head while the other clutched the torso), followed by my evil sister, who, if drama could be mined, she'd be a multimillionaire, and then my parents, my BIL's parents, and Rudhra's mother.

"Hey guys. What a pleasant surprise." I said.

"Where have you been? We thought since we're all together today and bored, why not do some wedding shopping?" My mom said. " Come, come, you both."

"N-now?" I asked.

"Yes, yes. See, I sent you a text ten minutes ago." She said, scrolling though her whatsapp.

Damn.

"Oh, never mind. I forgot to hit send." She continued.

"What's this about a 'vacation' I hear?" My sister asked in a suspicious voice, and her face looked like she had some fresh axe to grind.

"How long have you been standing outside and overhearing us, you evil devil?" I said.

"Heyy, excuse me. I don't overhear, I was uh, adjusting the straps of my shoes."

My mom, whose ears always seemed to float away to a different constellation every time my sister and I used to fight when we were younger, looked up from her phone and declared. " What vacation??"

My sister's face morphed with delight at the prospect of new drama. " I thought Sams no longer shared things with me, but she no longer shares anything with you too, mom?"