(36)

Aubree has been in there for 3 hours and is still only 6cm dilated. I'm sitting in the lobby, waiting for Aiden to get here.

"Hey" I hear someone say. I look up from my phone and see Parker.

"Hi" I say.

"Can I sit?" he gestures to the seat next to me.

"Sure" I shrug and he sits.

"What are you doing out here?" he asks.

"Waiting for Aiden"

"Oh. Cool"

"He's not staying for long"

"Ok"

"You don't have to pretend your ok with this"

"I broke up with you. I don't really get an opinion about this"

"They're your thoughts"

"True"

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him, putting my phone on my lap

"Sure"

"I just want to know why you did it? Was I not enough? Did I get boring? Did you just.....fall out of love?"

"Ben, you're absolutely perfect. It wasn't you"

"Then what was it?"

"I was lonely and I missed you so much it actually hurt. I guess I wanted to get rid of that pain for a little bit"

"You think I wasn't hurting?" I ask keeping my voice calm.

"No, I know you were. I was just being selfish" he says.

"Are"

"What?"

"Are. Not were" I say and walk away. I see Aiden walk in and go over to him.

"Hey" he says.

"Hey" I mumble.

"What's wrong?"

"It hurts seeing him and talking to him"

"Sorry, I would've been here earlier but coach kept us late"

"It's fine. I got an answer"

"To what"

"Why he cheated"

"What was the answer"

"He was hurting"

"So are you but you never did anything like that"

"I know. He said he was selfish"

"He is"

"Thank you for coming"

"Of course. Gotta make that ass jealous right?" he smiles.

"Yeah" I smile back. We walk back to where I was originally sitting. Parkers gone and replaced with Sophia.

"Oh hey, Aiden" Soph says.

"Hey" he says.

"Guess what" she says excitedly.

"What?" I ask.

"Aubree's giving birth. Carson's gonna come get us when the gory part is over"

"Ok"

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

"Wanna come meet the girls?" Carson asks.

"Yes" Soph and I say.

"Ben, I gotta go. My mom just texted" Aiden says.

"Ok. Are you coming over tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll text you later"

"Bye" I say. He gives me a quick peck on the lips and leaves. Carson leads us back to the room.

"Aubree fell asleep as soon as they took the twins for tests so be quiet" he says and opens the door. Parker is sitting in one of the chairs holding a tiny baby wrapped in a pink blanket.

"Hey. Do you guys wanna hold them?" he asks when he notices us. Soph and I nod and he stands up, "sit down". We sit down in the two chairs and Carson picks up the baby in the other hospital crib thing. Carson gives the baby he's holding to Soph and Parker gives me the one he's holding.

"Who is who?" I ask.

"You have Tatum. Soph has Thalia" Parker explains.

"They're so cute" I say quietly looking down at the sleeping girl in my arms.

"Yeah. Carson and I are gonna go get some food for everyone. Burgers good?" he asks.

"Sure" Sophia and I say. Parker and Carson walk out the door trying to be as quiet as possible.

Parker's POV

We're walking down the hall when Carson hits my arm.

"What?" I ask.

"What's up? You look weird" he asks.

"Weird?"

"Thoughtful sad"

"Oh"

"So what's up?"

"Just thinking about Ben"

"What about him?"

"His face. His personality. The way he looked holding Tatum. The way his voice broke when he asked me why I made out with Lily. How it felt kissing him and holding him. How much I miss is dumb jokes. Before we got together he came over to spend the night and we heard you climbing up the latter outside my window so I hid him in the closet. When you left he came out and said 'I guess it's true what they say. You never come out of the closet just once'. It was so dumb but funny. We had our first kiss that day" I explain.

"You really fucked up man" he says.

"I know. There's not a minute that goes by that I don't regret going to that fucking party"

"Parker?"

"Yeah?"

"You have two weeks to fix things. You better do everything you can to get him to start to forgive you"

"What if he doesn't? What if he marries some other guy and adopts four kids with him?"

"You guys had that planned?"

"Get married when I graduate college. Adopt kids a year to three years later. Two boys and two girls"

"Fix things with Ben. Even just a little. Let him know that you'll wait as long as he needs and that you still love him more than anything"

"He's kinda tied with the twins now"

"Oh my God, Parker. You get my point"