(19)

1 month later

Unknown: have u broken up with him yet?

Me: no

Unknown: why

Me: because I love him

Unknown: u said that about me too

Me: what?

Unknown: meet me at the lake in 30 minutes

Me: who are you?

Unknown: tell soph i said hi

I get up and get dressed. I thrown on a pair of black skinny jeans, an MCR hoodie, and black sneakers. Yes, I know, I look very emo today. I brush my teeth and hair then go to Carson's room to get his keys.

"Can I borrow your car?" I ask.

"Sure. Where ya going?" he asks.

"A lake"

"Why?"

"I'm meeting someone"

"Who?"

"I don't know"

"How do you not know?"

"They won't tell me. All I know is that apparently I told them I loved them awhile ago or something"

"Is this something Parker should know about?"

"I don't know yet. If he needs to know, he will"

"Ok. Keys are on the table in the kitchen"

"Thanks" I say and go to the kitchen. I grab the keys and go out to his car. I drive for 26 minutes until I get to a forest. If this is who I think it is, this is the place they were talking about. I walk until I reach a lake.

"You're late" a voice says. I look around and see a brown haired boy dressed in a light blue plaid shirt and light blue jeans sitting on a large rock.

"By 1 minute" I say.

"Still late" he shrugs.

"I thought you moved away, Tomas" I say walking over to him.

"I thought you loved me, Benny"

"1, don't call me that. 2, I did"

"But you don't anymore?"

"I'll always care about you but I love my boyfriend"

"He got a girl pregnant"

"I know. We've talked about it"

"I would never do anything to hurt you"

"You left me. A video got out of us kissing and you left me. How is that not hurting me, Tom?"

"I just need time"

"It's been..what? 3 years?"

"You were supposed to wait for me" he says quietly.

"I did! I did wait for you! I wished that you would come back for me for 2 years! I finally gave up. A year later I met the love of my life. If you wanted to be with me you shouldn't have left" I yell.

"Parker left you"

"Because you black mailed him!"

"Actually that was Aubree's friend. We were working together"

"Did you seriously make me come all the way out here to make excuses?"

"No. I want you back, Benny"

"I don't care, Tomas. I love Parker and there is nothing you can do to change that"

"You care about Aubree right?"

"Yeah. She's my friend and the mother of my boyfriends kid"

"Break up with Parker or Aubree and her unborn baby are gonna have complications"

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm just stating facts"

"Why the hell would I want to be with someone who threatened the people I care about"

"We both know that's not actually true. You think you care about them because you think they care about you. They don't now and they never will"

"Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about"

"Don't I though?"

"No"

"Peggy and Marcus only adopted you because they knew they couldn't have Zoey without getting you too"

"They wanted to be my parents!" I yell.

"Baby, I don't mean to upset you. I love you. The only reason they want you around is because they're bored. I want you around because you mean the world to me. Always have, always will" he says softly putting his hand on my cheek. Maybe he's right. He's never lied to me before and it would explain everything. Tomas was my best friend and my boyfriend for years, even though he hurt me I still trust him.

"Then what do I do?"

"Cut these people out of your life. Start with Parker. Keep going until it's just me, because I'm all you will ever need. Got it?"

"Even my family?"

"Yes. They're not good for you, Ben. Carson hurt you. Zoey stole your teen years. Peggy and Marcus or just in it for Zoey"

"What about Sophia?"

"Her too. I know it will be hard but in the end, you'll be happier"

"How? How do I just cut them out?"

"You'll find a way. I know you will. You're the smartest person I've ever met" he says and kisses me. I hesitate but kiss him back.

______________________

I'm sorry. I was running out of ideas and that last scene came to mind.....sorry. Hope you enjoyed it (even if I did shatter your heart). Also, I want to hear your ship names for the characters!