Memories, Dreams and Wishes

Normal POV
Sophie tossed and turned in her bed as her eyes screwed tighter. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead, mixing with the occasional tears on her cheeks. Sophie felt her head begun to pulse along with her heartbeat as she tried to go back to sleep. The memory of the seemingly sweet dream she had been having for the past 2 months popped into her head as her eyes snapped open.

Her eyes skimmed over the dewy morning before she felt arms winding itself around her waist. She tensed up before squirming but their grip remained iron strong. "Sophie, love it's alright," a sultry voice spoke in her ear causing her to shudder. She knew that voice anywhere. How could she not ? It was his.

She stopped struggling as Rafal rubbed his hands along her forearms. "You okay? You seemed....shocked somehow," Rafal asked. She turned her head to the side, meeting his electrifying blue eyes. She opened her mouth to speak but was silenced as soon as a small voice rung out. "Mummy. You're awake," the voice chittered. Her eyes darted over to the small , white haired little boy next to Rafal. He wasn't taller than Rafal's knees. Despite having Rafal's snow white hair he possessed Sophie's bone structure and skin tone.

Her jaw dropped as she continued to stare at the little boy. Rafal cocked a brow as the boy smiled up at her. "Up! Up!," he said as he held his hands up to her. When she didn't take them Rafal frowned and so did his son. "Mummy are you okay? You seem scared. Are you? Well you were the one who told me it's alright to be scared cause if you're never scared you've never safe either," the boy said with a toothy grin. "Ryker why don't you go play with Jall a little bit Mommy and Daddy need to talk in private," Rafal said softly. The boy nodded as he ran out but stopped in front of the door. He turned back before hugging Sophie's legs. He giggled as he ran out. Sophie heard the giggle of a girl as Rafal turned to her. "Sophie what is going on?! First you freaked out for some obscene reason and now you act as if you've never seen Ryker your whole life ?! Are you alright?," Rafal's tone went from angry to concerned. "R-r-Ryker?," she stuttered. "Yeah! Our son. Our four year old son," his voice coming out breathily out of disbelief. Sophie began to pant for some reason and Rafal's eyes widened in concern. Her eyes began fluttering as her knees went jelly. Rafal caught her in his arms as he stared at her. He screamed her name but his voice was somehow distant in Sophie's ears. "Sophie," he called out and with that her eyes shut.

Tonight was probably the worst. Usually she was just watching as this played out but now she was living it. She sat up slowly as not to hurt her already pounding head. She threw the comforters off her body and immediately regretted it. She shivered as the cold nipped at her toes and fingertips. She waddled into her groom room as fast as she could without having to touch the floor too much. She turned on the faucet and set it to the middle temperature. She sighed as she dipped her fingers into the warm water. She stripped carefully before plunging into the water. She sighed contentedly as the warmth engulfed her. She reached for her bottle of lavender shampoo and squeezed out quite a fair amount before massaging it into her blonde hair. She played with the bubbles on the surface of the water caused by the soap in her hair. She scrubbed on her body wash and stepped out. She shivered as she tried to ignore the cold and pick out a warm enough gown for today.

She stepped into the black and purple velvet dress and clipped on the dark purple coat over it. She stared at the sleeves of her dress that reached her wrist as her gaze went up to the slit of the coat on her elbow which opened up the sleeves. She decided to clip up her hair into a braided bun as she began to descend the stairs of her personal quarters. She stepped into the crowded hallway as all the kids stopped what they were doing. She held her head high and continued to walk as the students parted for her. She smiled smugly and continued her strut to the door of her shared office with Dovey.