Chapter 33 - Somewhere Faraway

Start from the beginning

The smaller man lets out another sigh as he combed his hands through Chanyeols curly hair. "Its okay Yeol ah But..."

"But?" Chanyeol asked, looking up at the Kyungsoo.

"You have to bring me some sweets" Kyungsoo chuckled. "Looks like your son really loves sweet things..."

Chanyeol laughed, getting up from his position and going back to his chair. "Don't worry! I'll bring a truck full of sweets."

"Really?"

"Yeah!" Chanyeol nodded his head with beaming smile. "Anything for you, Soo..."

^^^

The next morning when Kyungsoo woke up, Chanyeol was already up and ready. He squinched his eyes to see better but groaned as soon as soon as the sunlight hit his eyes. He then grabbed his glasses from the bedside table before getting up and leaning against the bed. It was always hard to get up in the morning because of the baby, so he took a few deep breathes to stabilize himself.

"You're already leaving?" He croaked out, his voice raspy due to sleep.

"Yeah" Chanyeol replied while struggling with his tie. "I have to catch a KTX at 8."

Kyungsoo nodded as he watched Chanyeol struggle. Then with a soft sigh, he got up from his bed and walked over to the tall male before pulling him down by the shoulder. Chanyeol let out a yelp before shutting his mouth as he realized what Kyungsoo was doing.

"You're such a big baby Yeol What am I going to do with you?" Kyungsoo said, his word laced with affection as he tied the tie successfully around the taller man's neck.

"Mmhh. Let me think..." Chanyeol answered, putting on a fake thoughtful look as he sneakily wrapped his arms around the smaller man's waist before pulling him close. "You should pamper me Soo..."
"I guess you're right" Kyungsoo hummed, playing along. "I should pamper a big baby like you... Come here.."

With that, he pulled the taller male down to place a soft kiss on his lips before hugging him tightly even though his belly created quite a gap between them. They stayed like that for a long time until Chanyeol informed the smaller man that it was time for him to go if he didn't want to be late. Kyungsoo whined a little but when he saw the time, he reluctantly let go of the taller man.

"I'm going to miss you Yeol..." Kyungsoo murmured, avoiding the taller man's gaze. "Please return as soon as possible."

Chanyeol couldn't help but chuckle at how adorable Kyungsoo looked right now. Hence he cupped the smaller man's face as he pecked him all over the face, making Kyungsoo giggle before saying "I'll only be gone for a day Soo"

"I know that Yeol... But. I just.." Kyungsoo hesitated because he honestly didn't know how to express what he was feeling inside.
It was a weird mixture of anxiety with fear and worry. He knew that there was no reason for him to be worried like this but he just couldn't help it. Thinking Chanyeol was going to Busan somehow made him agitated. Maybe it was due to the hormones.

"Don't worry Soo.." Chanyeol smiled as he grabbed his backpack and kneeled down to tie his shoelace. "I'll be back before a blink of an eye."

"Oh!" Chanyeol said getting up. "Don't forget to call Jongdae if you need something and make sure to take your meds okay? And Don't skip meals Soo Also Don't sleep all day. Be good okay? I'll call you when I reach there."

With that, the taller man turned away and walked out of the door.
Kyungsoo stood there for a long time just staring at the door. He knew there was no reason for him to feel this way but somehow it felt as if Chanyeol was going somewhere far away.