Chapter 30 - For Better Or For Worse

After wandering the streets for more than 2 hours, both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo decided to take some rest. They walked to a nearby park and sat on a bench quietly, both lost in their own thoughts.

They barely had any money with them, so renting a hotel was out of the question. Moreover, staying in a hotel would direct more attention towards them and right now that wouldn't be the best for any of them. They needed a quiet place to stay. Especially Chanyeol who hasn't uttered a single word since they left the palace.

Letting out a sigh, Kyungsoo grabbed his phone and texted Yixing to ask that whether both he and Chanyeol can crash the dorm for a while. He hadn't communicated with his best friend for while so he was worried if Yixing would reply him or not. They weren't on their best terms after Yixing's confession. Still, Kyungsoo hoped that the older man wouldn't leave him alone in his time of need.

And indeed the older man didn't let him down. Yixing replied him with 10 minutes and informed that both him and Chanyeol can stay there as long as they deem necessary. He also asked that if Kyungsoo was alright and didn't forget to mention that he had missed him dearly. It made Kyungsoo smile before he texted the older man that he was alright and he has also missed him.

He then turned towards Chanyeol who was staring blankly at nothing. His face was expressionless but there were dried tracks of tears there. Kyungsoo's heart clenched at the sight of his taller husband's devastated face. Just mere hours ago they were smiling and having the time of their life but look at them now.

With a dejected sigh, he shifted closer to the taller male and placed a hand on his shoulder. "What should we do now Chanyeol?" He asked looking at his husband.

Chanyeol didn't answer. He continued to gaze at nothing in particular and his face was as expressionless as it could be.

"Chanyeol.." Kyungsoo probed again to which Chanyeol answered his a loud exhale.

The taller man clutched his head with his hand and looked down. His eyes were starting to water again but he didn't want Kyungsoo to become aware of it.

"You should go back to the palace Soo.," Chanyeol muttered looking down.

"And leave you here all alone?"

"You..don't.. Deserve this shit Soo.." Chanyeol whispered, his voice becoming hoarse with every word. "You deserve the best and...right now.. I.. Can't give it to you.."

"Chanyeol..."

"I'm a shitty person Soo.. I...I have always treated you badly.. I have always hurt you.. I don't deserve you.. So you should go back Soo..."

Hearing those words, Kyungsoo's eyes watered. He could feel his husband's pain coursing through his body and it made his heart ache because Chanyeol thought that he didn't deserve him. He shifted closer to the taller man and wrapped his arms around him as he placed his head on his shoulder.

"You're such a fool..Chanyeol.." he murmured softly. "How could even think about me leaving you when I promised in front of the God to stay with you no matter what.."

"But Kyungsoo... We don't even have a place to stay..and I..don't have anything anymore.." Chanyeol replied, leaning towards Kyungsoo.

"So?" Kyungsoo questioned looking at Chanyeol.

"Why are you doing this Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol now faced the smaller man. "I'm not a Prince anymore...I don't have anything..money..fame..nothing..I'm nobody now..Even the people whom I thought were my family are not even mine..I..have nothing.."

"What about me then? Am I a ghost?" Kyungsoo asked. "Plus..I married you because you're Park Chanyeol, not Park Chanyeol the Prince.."

"You married me because you had no other options left.." Chanyeol pointed out making the smaller man tsk.

"I married you because I liked you Chanyeol. I liked you as you..Not because you're a Prince or something.."

Chanyeol's eyes welled up with unshed tears as he heard those words coming from Kyungsoo's mouth. Even after everything, Kyungsoo decided to stay with him. He feels like smacking himself because of all the pain he has caused the smaller man. He silently shifted towards him and buried his head in his neck as the tears started to roll down his cheeks.

"Thank you Soo..Thank you for not leaving me..." he sobbed while clutching onto the smaller man.

Kyungsoo didn't say anything. He just tightened his hold on the taller man and gently carded his fingers through his hair to soothe his inner storm. He knew that no matter what he said, he won't be able to lessen Chanyeol's pain. But it didn't deter him an ounce because he had made up his mind to protect him, to be with him through thick and thin. He will heal him and he will reunite him with his family.

He will do it no matter what because love isn't always perfect. It isn't a fairytale or a storybook and it doesn't always come easy.

A/n This chapter is unedited so please ignore the grammatical errors. So I'm kinda back after a long gap...Hope you guys still remember me..Anyways..I know this chapter is too little after the long gap but it's kinda like a filler chapter before the real one. I wanted to write more but...it would have been too long and I'm a lazy person so yeah.. Hope you enjoy it and don't kill me because of my lazy arse.. Next chapter about their new life and some sesoo interactions.

Hardly 5 - 6 chapters are left. I hope you will miss this story as much as I'll miss writing it.

Make sure to comment and tell me what you think and don't forget to vote.

Stay warm, stay healthy and don't skip meals. See you soon babies. Love you.