Chapter 8: Not Right...

*Jughead's POV *

"Why did you do that?!" I shouted, as it looked like Penny made Betty faint on purpose. Her body became limp and lifeless again.

"I didn't do that, she went unconscious!" Penny argued.

"What?!" I bellowed, trying to move towards Betty.

"Bye!" She smiled, sweet and sickening as she stuck a syringe in me. I assumed it was filled with drugs or Melatonin to put me to rest.

Everything went black. And the last thing I saw was Penny's sickly yet sweet smile and the syringe. She couldn't even let me see Betty. 

 Somewhere else...

I woke up, but I didn't open my eyes yet because I didn't know if Penny was there or not. I opened my eyes just a bit so I could see who was here. When I was squinting my eyes, I could only see Betty, who was right in front of me, somewhat conscious.

"Betty," I gasped, I try to get out of the chair I was in. Betty and I were both bound to chairs, our wrists tied tightly to the arm rests. I tried kicking my feet, but they were bound to the front legs of the chair. "Damnit," I muttered in a husky voice, clearly irritated.

"Jug!" Betty shouted. Betty looked confused, but so was I. It didn't feel like we were in the Whyte Wyrm anymore. It felt different...

* Betty's POV *

"Where are we?" I asked anxiously. I was hoping he knew where we were since he traveled on the Southside more often than I did.

"I don't know," Jughead spoke angrily. That wasn't the answer I thought I was going to get. Jughead seemed to know everything, but I really wasn't expecting that type of answer from him, the one who always had a plan, the one who always knew what was going to happen.

"It doesn't look like familiar..." I muttered, anxiously looking around the room we were stuck in.

"I don't think we are in the Whyte Wyrm anymore, Betty." Jughead announced, as he joined me in looking around at the room. I honestly tried to think of where we could be but I had no knowledge of the Southside. 

Jughead sighed, "It doesn't feel right..."

"So, what was your plan?" I interrupted him. Letting him trail off into dark thoughts was a bad idea.

"Well, there really isn't a plan anymore." He scoffed, "I didn't know that she was going to bring us somewhere else." He put his head back, attempting to stretch his neck.

"Oh..." I quietly whispered. 

It was silent. Jughead suddenly flung his head forward to face me again. "How are you doing on blood?" Ice breaker question from Jughead as usual, but I assume he was worried.

"Um... I'm okay, before we came here I tied my sweater around my cut to stop most of the bleeding." I answered. I wasn't lying, but I guess it didn't really stop the bleeding fully hence the fainting.

"I'm sorry Betty, this is my fault" He apologized, shaking his head.

"Jug, this is not your fault," I argued, looking into his icy eyes that seemed to melt whenever he looked at me.

"But it is, Betts." He paused, taking a deep sigh. "If Penny wasn't trying to get back at me, we would haven't been here." 

My head started to throb. I suddenly remembered Jughead telling me that Penny only was onto him because of FP. 

"But, wasn't it unfinished business with your Dad?" I interrupted our argument. 

He stayed silent and looked away. "It's still my fault." 

Then the room became eerily silent again. Something about it made my head hurt and my heart ache. Something felt off in this horrible situation.

Sorry for the short chapter school started 3 weeks ago so i'm trying to find a way to write and do school.