Chapter 3: Where is She?

* Jughead's POV *

I've been texting and calling Betty for the last hour, really starting to get worried. I started to text Archie.

[Jughead] Hey.

[Archie] Hi.

[Jughead] Have you talked to Betty today?

[Archie] No, why?

[Jughead] She hasn't been responding to my text or calls. I'm starting to get worried.  

[Archie] Ask Veronica. 

[Jughead] Ok, thanks.

I had to meet up with Veronica in person because my phone was about to die. So, we met up at Pop's as usual.

At Pop's...

 "So, why did you want to meet up?" she asked. 

"I need to know if you have talked to Betty today," I said hoping she did. 

"No?" She said with a confused voice.

"Oh, ok..." I said, almost heart broken and got up from the booth. But, before I could leave, Veronica stopped me. "Jughead," she shouted. 

"What?" I responded, trying to get an answer quick so I could find Betty as quick as possible.

"Did something happen between you guys?" She asked, her voice filling with worry.

"No, but she hasn't been responding to my texts, I was hoping that she was texting someone else or that they have seen her today." I was choking back on tears. 

"Where do you think she is?" She said, trying to be confident as her usual self.

"I don't know to be honest, she could be home or..." I stopped speaking and left her behind, because I got a pit in my stomach.

Later...

I'm laying in bed thinking about what could've happened to Betty. I then get a call from Penny Peabody, and to be honest, I didn't really want to talk to her.

"What do you want Penny?" I said sternly. The grouchiness in my voice was showing, I was horribly tired and wanted this day to end.

"It's about your girl. The blondie?" She said, chuckling a bit.

When she said those words, my heart immediately dropped. I didn't know what to say, I was in pure shock. I let her spoke more.

"Not gonna speak? Okay. If you don't come in time, Betty will face the same thing you did." She said threatening me. I had flashbacks to what they did to me and...She knew how much I love Betty and how I would do anything to protect her. She used my only weakness against me and my chest was heavy with grief. 

"you don't mean..." My words drifted off, as my voice trembled a bit. 

"Oh yes I do!" She said with excitement. Then, the phone call abruptly ended.

I felt like it was my fault that Betty was there with Penny. I hope she doesn't get hurt. I had no idea what to think or what to do, I was so focus on Betty and what was going to happen to her, that I was going crazy. I grabbed my phone again and opened up the contact that read "Archie Andrews".

[Jughead] Hi again.

[Archie] Heya.

[Jughead] Can I come over and talk to you? Sorry for such a late notice, it's important.

[Archie] Sure, dude.

[Jughead] Thank you. I'll be over in a few.