Elle for Loser [19 - Part 1]

Elle for Loser

Edited by: ashleighh

Chapter 19

PART 1 

The next few days flew by quickly, much faster than I had anticipated. The reason for that was most likely because I was spending so much time with Mike. We have been talking a lot of time and as a result of that, we were getting to know each other more and more.

Thanks to James, all of us had missed out on one week of school. Being the good girl I was, I didn't like the fact that I missed out on my classes, but that was not the worst of it. Homework. Let me tell you, never wag, 'cause when you miss out on school the homework pile keeps building up and when you come down from you little bliss, it's still there waiting. Sure, the mini-holiday was fun while it lasted, but I was back now and all the time spent out of school was tripled in doing homework. Thankfully Mum and Dad still haven't come back from their 'business trip', or else we would be in deep trouble.

The school was completely unaware of the fact that we had skipped. James is a good liar and told the school that we were all sick with the chicken pox, although if they even took the time to look it up, the school would find James and I had our dose when we were younger. The biggest change was that James had dumped Lara, I still couldn't believe it. Sure, it was a relief, but it was completely unexpected, I'm not even sure James knew what he was doing. Being the sister I was, I was happy that James was away from such a terror like her. They say first impressions are everything, in Lara's case, they were wrong. At first I thought they would be the perfect couple, but after that volleyball game I knew I was wrong. James definitely deserved, and could do, better. Actually, I think there is something going in with him and Paige. The 'sneaky' glances at each other, the eyelash battering, the way Paige tends to touch him more when she's talking to him than she used to, there's no doubt there is something there. Paige likes James, James likes Paige. The end.

Little Miss Lara was oh so NOT-happy when she got dumped. She slapped him hard and stomped away from him, screaming her revenge at us. Personally I think Lara is too scared to do anything to us, Mike is the one she wants and he is my boyfriend and my brother's best friend. Anything she does would definitely have an impact on Mike.

This leaves me on both Lara and Emily's hate lists. To put it nicely, I don't think they are much of a threat.

The makeover changed Paige and I dramatically, both inside and out. As we arrived at school, everyone was staring at us. The transformation must have been a shock because they couldn't stop gawking. It was a little bit weird that I was being noticed but in all honesty, I didn't mind. Quite frankly, I enjoyed it. 

I was now sitting in my Mathematics Classroom, learning some stupid Geometric Sequence crap I was never going to use after my test. Mike and I were holding hands under the table and I was peering at his worksheet, trying to decipher the answers. Weird thing, that: me copying Mike in Maths. Hell, it was definitely not my strong point of schooling.

I was squinting at the last line of an equation, frantically trying to get the answer down before the teacher noticed when the sheet was pulled out from under my face.

"Oi! Stop copying me, missy." Mike hid his answers away from me, pretending to be a goody two shoes.

"Please Mike. I helped you with your essay! Now give me the answers!" I grabbed onto the end of the paper and tried to tug it out of Mike's hand, but when it looked like I was going to rip the sheet, let go. I groaned. "Pretty please, with a cherry on top?!" I pouted.

"Fine, fine. Only because you look cute when you pout." He said, pinching my cheek between his fingers. I snapped at him playfully and he grinned proudly.

I had just finished copying down Mike's answers when the bell rang. Perfect timing, now I don't have any homework. "You better have gotten all of those answers right, or no ice cream." I threatened him as we were walking out of the classroom. Mike gave me an innocent smile and didn't say anything. I gently punched his arm.

The school day was flying by and I didn't even realise that it was lunch time. School was getting boring, but Mike was in a most of my classes so I didn't really mind. I really hoped that my lack of concentration during class wouldn't affect my grades, though. My parents would murder me if I failed any classes, literally. When we reached our table, James, Paige, Sam and Christy were already sitting there. Our table was right in the middle of the cafeteria, the cool table, and I was glad of Lara and Emily's absence; this wouldn't be a good place to make a scene.

We sat down with our food and felt out of place, no one else was eating. Paige and Christy were being typical girls and talking gossip, the boys were checking out the girls bearing low cut shirts and short skirts who were throwing them flirtatious looks. What a bunch of idiots. I linked my arm through Mike's and rested my head on his shoulder, staring off into space in boredom. I didn't feel much like eating anymore. Of course, I was starving, but the minute I saw Paige and Christy I decided to lay off the food. My stomach was grumbling contently and causing my stomach to squirm. I wasn't sure if Mike or anyone else could hear it, but I sure would have looked like a freak if they could. "Are you okay?" His soft, questioning voice woke me out of my trance.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, lifting my head off Mike's shoulder and unlinking my arm. He was too busy drooling at the girls to notice, which made me want to hit him.

"Can I sit next to you?" Sam asked hesitantly.

"Um, sure." I smiled, scooting over to make room on the bench.

Sam took a seat next to me. Our arms briefly touched, sending an electric current up my arm, which I was almost sure he felt also. I moved my arm away from him as fast as I could, my skin still tingling from his touch. We both went rigid and turned to look at each other. I could see the longing and the pain in his eyes andy heart ached to take it away. God, how can he make me feel like this? I've known him, what? A week? And yet, it feels like I've known him forever.

"How was your day?" I asked him lamely.

"Boring, how about you?"

"Same." This was one boring conversation. I wanted to talk about us, about our relationship. About something productive, but I couldn't. Mike was sitting right next to me, he would hear our conversation and I just didn't know what to say. I glanced up at Sam and I knew he was thinking the same thing.