Elle for Loser [4]

Elle for Loser

Chapter 4

Mike continued driving (over the speed limit of course) until he stopped at McDonalds. I never thought he would be a Maccas guy but obviously I thought wrong. My stomach rumbled ferociously, yeah that was because I was absolutely starving. We both got out of the car and entered the fast food restaurant. I could smell the delicious food, almost causing me to drool. It was extremely packed since everyone was getting their lunch.

I looked at Mike and laughed. I was in a crazy laughing mood today and I didn't know why.

"What's so funny?" He asked, looking at me like I was some weirdo because I probably was one.

"It's just I thought you were going to take me somewhere fancier." I admitted with shame, avoiding eye contact. I was still trying to hold in my laughter.

"I decided to take things nice and slowly." He said quietly as we lined up.

"Seriously?" I had a feeling that he was lying, Mike wasn't a type of guy who takes things nice and slowly. Having a player as a twin brother allowed me to know lots of things that no one should ever know about players.

"Of course. I didn't have enough time to plan something special for you and I'm also too lazy. I didn't want to skip lunch because I didn't want you to starve. Maybe next time we can go out somewhere special." I didn't know how to respond so we both stood there awkwardly. Mike was being so kind to me. It seemed like he really cared about me. "What would you like to eat?"

"Food."

"No shit Elle."

"Actually I got no idea. You choose." I said, tensed. As the line moved forward it got more awkward. Finally it was our turn to order.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The pretty red head said.

"Can I please get 2 medium Big Mac meals both with coke? Also can I get 2 medium chocolate sundaes?" He said, coolly. My favourite, I thought to myself.  

How did he know?

"Sure thing. That's $18.90" She winked at him. He handed her a $50 note.

"Keep the change." Geez how rich was this guy?

"Thanks hottie. No offence but you can so do better than her. I get off at 2:30. Wanna go to the movies or something after?" She said, flirting atrociously.  

Couldn't she see me standing next to him? A puff of jealously hit me. Without thinking I kissed Mike. It caught him by surprise and me too. Mike looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I realised I had just kissed him and I shyly smiled. The pretty red head coughed. I turned and looked at her with a smirk on my face. She scoffed and handed us our food.

"Thanks Angie." I said looking at her name tag.

Annoyed, she said "Next!" I smiled happily. I looked around and spotted a table by the corner. I carried the tray of food as Mike carried the drinks. I took my seat and he took the seat opposite me.

"What was that about?" Mike asked.

I didn't even realise that I was still smiling. I tried to stop but I couldn't. "Um nothing."

"Elle, tell me. Now." He persuaded. Stupidly I looked into his eyes, just looking at him made me want him. A weird force was telling me to tell him, it was like he was compelling me.

"I got a wee bit jealous of the red head so yeah," I confessed.

Shit. I made a mental note to myself: Avoid eye contact with Mike as much as possible!