Elle for Loser [7]

Elle for Loser

Chapter 7

ELLE'S POV

- Back to the volleyball game (:

I was really good at sport. It surprises a lot of people. Just because I'm a loser doesn't mean that I'm uncoordinated! Just because I'm not some popular cheerleading doesn't mean that I can't own boys at sport! It was something my brother and I had in common, sport. We were both very fit and athletic. Our parents made us take up sport when we were both three. I played tennis while he played football. We both took up piano but we drove our piano teacher insane. She never taught piano ever again because of what we did to her. I almost felt sorry for her. What can I say? I was five - a very innocent age in life.

The game started. Lara began throwing the ball up and down, catching it one handed. Once everyone was ready Lara served the ball skillfully. It was a topspin serve. I now fully understood why she was the captain of the volleyball team. The serve was amazing! It was really difficult to do one of those serves.  

The ball speedily went over the net, going towards the empty space at the back corner. Sam dived for the ball but 'sadly' he missed. Ace! That was one point for us.

"1-0" Lara grinned happily. We all high fived Lara and congratulated her on the wonderful serve. I could see that the boys were all pissed off and annoyed. They all complained about how we cheated. Lara served again, this time just as good as the first serve but it was an overhand serve instead. The ball just made it over and since James was at the front he hit it back over the net. The ball was coming in my direction. I made a forearm pass over the ball and it came towards James. He hit it back again to me. Damn, this was down to me or James. I jumped up and spiked the ball over as hard and fast as I could. James missed.

"Yes!" I cheered. "2-0," I said while getting high fives from the others. They boys had reaction was absolutely priceless. They just stared at me in shock.

"Dude, your sister just owned you." Mike said patting James on the back.

"Shit I never knew she was that good." James breathed, trying to catch his breath. "The talent must run in the family or something."

"James, if the talent runs through the family then how come you don't got any?" I joked back at James. Mike cracked up laughing.

"Not only does James not have any talents but he has no comebacks for that one." Mike chuckled.

"Hey you guys lets continue the game shall we?" Lara suggested, she seemed a little bit pissed off that she wasn't a part of the conversation.

"Yeah," we all said together.

Lara served once again. Her arm was getting red but she didn't seem to care. Lara served a jump serve. It was a bad serve which was quite unusual. It didn't make it over the net.

"Fuck," Lara swore, obviously annoyed with herself. She rubbed her arm which was probably going to be badly bruised. Her serves were amazing but the consequences were terrible.

"2-1" Paige said with a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Come on girls, we can do this!" I tried to encourage everyone. Hopefully it would work. Lara threw the ball to the other side. She was still swearing quietly  

but everyone could hear her. Sam got the ball and stood behind the attack line. He threw the ball up and served it. It was almost as good as Lara's serve, but no one can serve as well as she can. The ball spun across the net coming towards Christy. Christy returned the ball. She aimed for the empty space and succeeded. However Mike's speed allowed him to run over to the ball before it touched the sand. He dived for the ball and hit it towards James. James then set the ball over to Sam who did a massive spike over the net. The ball was then coming towards Paige and Christy. They both went for the ball which wasn't a very smart idea. Inside of hitting the ball, they both knocked into each other. The boys roared with laughter while Lara and I rushed over to see if they were all right.