Elle for Loser [5]

Elle for Loser

Recap:

Mike drive in silence until we reached our destination. "We're here." He finally said. I scanned the area. The sun was shining against the glimmering water. The sand was golden against the setting sun. The wind was blowing softly making my hair fly...

Chapter 5

ELLE'S POV

"We're at the beach?" I questioned, my voice more high pitched than usual due to the shock. I've always loved going to the beach, ever since I was a little girl. Watching the sun setting was the best sight ever. Even though it wasn't summer anymore, I feel like it is whenever I'm down here at the beach. Those memories are unforgettable. James and I fighting in the water when we were 4, James getting dacked by me, the entire family spending quality time with each other including mum and dad, when James got sand in my eyes and I cried for one whole week...

"Yeah I'm surprised you even know what the beach is." He joked as I rolled my eyes.

"Haha very funny, remember I'm the smart one." I poked him. Mike got out of the car first and opened the door for me. Aw how kind of him. I grinned happily like a loser. "Why thank you kind sir."

"It was my pleasure, beautiful princess." He said while kissing my forehead. He pulled away and frowned at me. "Wow I'm shocked you didn't back away or slap me."

"Yeah I was planning to but I decided not to hurt your pretty face," I flirted. Shit, stop flirting with Mike. Get yourself together! I shouted mentally to myself.

"You're right, my face is pretty." He said admiring himself. Mike bent down and looked at himself in the car mirror. I cracked up laughing. He was so up himself that it was hilarious. He was like another Narcissus. "I know why you're laughing." I raised an eyebrow. Did he really know? "It's because you know that it's true." Mike winked at me, which made me laugh even more.

"Yeah" laugh, "Totally" laugh, "It's" laugh, "True" calm down with the breathing. "Hey look they're already here." I pointed to James and his friends, clutching my sore stomach.

"Well we did take a long time." Mike stated.

"Who would have thought?" I shook my head. I took Mike's jumper off to allow my skin to feel the warmth of the sun.

"Don't you want to wear my jumper anymore?" Mike asked me. He had a frown on his face.

"I'm not cold anymore." I explained to him, hoping that he wouldn't be too upset.

"Can I have it back?"

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'. "Sorry but I love it and it smells like you," I hugged the jumper tightly so he wouldn't be able to get it back.

"Keep it," Mike told me. I huge grin appeared on my face.

"Are you serious?" I couldn't believe it. He was giving me his football jumper!

"Yeah, it looks better on you than it does on me." He admitted. Aw how cute, I thought to myself.

"Oh, I know it does." The jumper had the number 10 on the back. It also had Preston on top of it which I assumed was his last name. Mike Preston... Hmm, "Is your last name Preston?"

"Yeah, it was my mum's last name." He explained. I wondered why he didn't use his dad's last name but I didn't want to ask. "Ten is my favourite number by  the way."

"Why's that?" I asked him.

"I met you when I was ten years old, that's why." That left me speechless. I wrapped Mike's jumper around my ways and tied it by the arms.