Chapter Twelve: Buggie Blues

Start from the beginning

   "What was all that about?" May asked.

   "He said the avengers are meeting at Clint's."

   "So I've heard. Tony already informed me. Say hi to Laura for me, will you?"

   "Alright. I haven't met their kids yet. Wanda said they're younger than me?" He raised an eyebrow at May.

   "By a good few years, yes. Maybe one day you can meet that Shuri girl she was talking about."

   "I hope so. She sounds cool." Peter walked over to his bedroom. "I'm gonna go pack."

   "Alright, sweetie."
———————————————————
   Peter opened his closet, glad he had finally replaced all his old girl clothes.

   Shirts, boxers, boxer briefs, socks, jeans, packer, extra binder... what am I missing?

   Peter threw an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt into his backpack. He figured Clint would make him do farm work.

   He looked in his pajama drawer.

Some of these are so embarrassing to wear outside the house...

   Peter put a blue checkered pair of flannel pajama bottoms in and a couple tank tops. He threw in a red pair of plaid pajamas as well.

Here. Bucky texted.

Okay. Peter texted back.

Why didn't he just honk?

   Peter tossed his deodorant and toothbrush in, zipping the backpack shut.

   "Bye, May!" Peter yelled, halfway out the door.

   "Peter, wait!"

   He turned around.

   "Here, bring this hoodie."

   Peter put it on. "Thanks."

   "Missing something else?"

   "Uhhh... oh yeah." Peter hugged May.

   "Play with the kids."

   "Okay, May."

   "Have fun."

   "I will."

   May kissed Peter's forehead. "Bye."

   "Bye."
———————————————————
   Peter ran over to Steve's blue bug.

"Get in," Bucky said, jerking his thumb to the back right seat.

   Peter ran around to the other side of the car and climbed in, setting his backpack down by his feet.

   Bucky started the car and began driving off. Steve was asleep in the passenger seat, sketchbook in hand.

   Peter craned his neck and looked at Steve. He stretched until he could see the sketchbook. Steve was working on a drawing of what looked to be Tony and Pepper.

   Sam kept pushing Bucky's seat.

   "Sam, I swear to god. Stop kicking my seat," Bucky quietly said in a spiteful manner.

   "I'm not kicking it. My knees are pushed against it. Maybe if your big butt didn't take so much room, we wouldn't be in this situation."

   Bucky growled, swatting his hand at Sam's knee like a dad would do while driving his misbehaving kid home from baseball practice.

   "Hey! Would you stop that?!" Sam exclaimed.