Prologue

Hank let an agitated groan tear through his throat upon hearing the sickening slam of an object of soft material on his haphazard desk. Whirling around on his old swivel chair, he shot a glower at the formally dressed android standing before him. "Oh my God, what the fuck is the case this time?" He questioned in an iritable manner as his eyes fleeted towards the pale yellow folder slammed practically mocking him.

RK800 - most commonly regarded as Connor in the Detroit Police Department - provided an answer to his inquiring superior. "It appears that there are occuring Underground Android Clashes within the city and they had been going on for quite a while - about five months or so before a concerned individual revealed its existence earlier this morning, around nine thirty six, after her andriod was . . . mistaken to be partaking in the combat and was disassembled after its defeat." Connor calmly informed as Hank took the folder from his desk to scan through the information. "The location of the Clashes is at downtown Detroit, just near a bar called Cherry Downtown."

Hank nodded absentmindedly as Connor's babbling fell on his deaf ears before carelessly tossing the folder back to its original place. "Ah, this shit again," He grumbled. "I thought we were done with those kind of things. But apparently people just love the idea of having their androids on each others' throat for some easy money. Now they're dragging in innocent people and androids."

"May I ask lieutenant," Connor begins as he mechanically leaned over in wonder. "When was the last time you handled a case which involded Underground Android Clashes?"

"About two years ago, I think. Don't remember, don't know, don't care. A fight broke out between some owners because some claimed there was foul play after an android kicked the shit out of theirs. They couldn't keep their fight underground so they decided to bring it up in public's eye by participating in stupid gang wars en even stupid rallies." Hank rubbed his temple in exhasuation and exasperation. "I have no idea why they think that would do any good to their problem but it certainly did help us arresting them. Most of them, at least."

Connor's eyebrows knitted in confusion, his LED whirring blue. "Most? Meaning some of these Clashers are still roaming free?"

"Well, what else do you think it means?" Hank snapped. "A big hot shot android Clasher escaped when we raided one of the biggest Clashes in Detroit. Maybe he was smart enough not to get involved in those public stunts his friends were doing. We tried to get their name from the arrested Clashers but they all refused to speak, saying this specific Clasher was nameless and only went by an alias. Not only that, they confessed that if they ever let any information slip out, that shit will come right back to them."

[ Escaped Suspect - Highly Influencial ]

"This android you mentioned earlier," Connor states, "Do you remember its model? Maybe this would be the key for us to capture its owner and put them behind bars."

"Hah, do you see me as a fool? You think I haven't thought about that?" Hank snarled out. "That was the first thing I did but I found out that the android was the only one of its model and CyberLife specifically created it for the escapee android Clasher. They probably paid a ridiculously large amount of money if he managed to make them an adroid solely for them and make CyberLife stay quiet about their identity."

Connor's LED whirred in response to this revelation. "Is there any evidence we can use in locating or identifying this android? Seeing that its owner ja on the loose and - from what little information you have gathered in the past - its android made for combat, it is highly probable that they will be present in the upcoming Clash."

"Nothing else other than the Clasher can buy the whole goddamn Detroit and their android is the only model of its own and it is the so called champion in Clashes." Hank answered.

"It would be quite easy to identify them if we were to attend this Clash. Not participate but rather blend in with the crowd - pretend to be audiences to this illegal event - and whatever android reigned as champion, surely its owner is our suspect."

"Fuck, if it were only that easy. The owner of the android - like I said earlier - remained anonymous and wouldn't let others know their true identity and approaching their android is basically putting yourself in a grave." Hank whipped back around on his swivel chair from facing Connor and waved his hand dismissively in the air. "Let some other detective handle this one. I've spent majority of my last two years chasing them down and it all ended up for nothing. I won't be making the same mistake again."

Detecting his resentment to the case, Connor straightened his spine in an upright posture and moved until he was certain he was in the human detective's line of vision. "Lieutenant Anderson," Connor starts firmly, eyes set in determination. "This case might have been difficult for you before but this is exactly the reason I am sent bt CyberLife in your care, to assist you in order to reduce probability of failure and I assure you - I never fail to accomplish my mission."

Hank groaned in annoyance and ran a hand over his wrinkled face. "Ugh, fucking androids ruining my morning." He swore under his breath before facing Connor. "You . . . You're not going to let this one slide, are you?"

"I am afraid not," The android sent by CyberLife responded in a tone that could only be described as evenly.

Hank crosses his arms and leans back on his swivel chair, his eyes closing as he ponders. "The last time I saw the combat abdroid, it had [ Hair Length ] [ Hair Color ], [ Eye Color ], and it had this subtle tattoo on her palm. Some sort of symbol . . . a crow or something but who gives a shit?"

"We give a shit, Lieutenant. This tattoo could be something we could make use of." Connor shifted his sight at the wall clock mounte on the wall before resuming his speech. "We must leave as soon as possible. I know you are not thrilled with this case but the faster we get on with it, the faster we can put it all behind us."

A sigh escaped from Hank's lips before rising up to his feet. "Alright, alright, and here I was thinking I could get a break from you." He stretched his arms and huffed once hearing his muscles unknot. "Now, let's get this shit over with."

--

hello guys long time no see eyyy

i created this fanfic because connor deserves more than what hes getting because hes a precious lil bean and his actor is the same awwww

i created this fanfic because i cannot show my love for this amazing game and fandom in any other way than writing so heres the result

this fanfic will not be heavily edited due to the authors tight schedule (do i even have that lol) so expect crappy chapters and slightly less details woooo

wanna make a fanart or soundtrack for this fanfic? feel free to do so [•^•]

- pashnea