Chapter 21 - Lisa Fights Back

Começar do início

Jisoo just nodded her head.

"And DON'T get me started on the rest of the conversation. You were only talking about work related stuff. When you didn't, you would disregard my opinion! They completely ignored my interview story while I had to nod and smile and listen to their stories. I didn't HAVE TO DO THAT, I WANTED TO DO THAT, because they are YOUR FRIENDS and I want YOUR FRIENDS TO like me because I want you to have people in your life who can GET ALONG!"

"Okay, what's with all of the yelling?" Jisoo was getting annoyed.

"I am yelling because they called me weird when clearly they are the ones who have to work on their people skills." Lisa calmed down a bit, but her face was still red. She then continued in a more calm manner:

"Also, I don't get their jokes. I don't think their jokes are funny. So that's why I didn't laugh. I tried to fake-laugh a couple of times, but in those times when I did that, they weren't joking at all, they were just talking, so I felt weird and decided not to laugh at all." Lisa then stopped, sat back down and ate a bit of popcorn, trying to calm herself down.

Jisoo sat next to Lisa and kissed her on the cheek, rubbing her back softly.

"Listen, I know you. You will get along with them, just give them time. They are nice people."

Lisa calmed down and kissed Jisoo on the cheek:

"Yeah, I don't think they are, but again, if you like them, I will try to like them as well. I will give them a chance." Lisa then put the movie back on. Jisoo smiled, kissed Lisa on the cheek again and snuggled next to her.

"Thanks, love!" she said softly.

"You're welcome babe!" She gave Jisoo a goofy smile.

"Besides... It's not like Chaeyoung is any better." Jisoo chuckled.

"You take that back!" Lisa spoke louder.

"Well, she was weird to me when we met. She is still weird now."

"I agree that she was weird when you two met, but she has become a lot less weird now. And she really likes you. I thought you liked her too."

"I do, I do... It's just that she can be weird sometimes. You know, sometimes she can just come up with these wild ideas-"

"She just likes to daydream. Also, she has a respected job now, so you know that she can take care of herself as well." Lisa defended Chaeyoung.

"Okay, okay, look at you taking her side..."

"I'm not taking her side, I'm just explaining." Lisa tried to calmly explain.

"Yeah, okay... Unbelievable." Jisoo tried to end the conversation.

"And that word, "unbelievable". I'm telling you now, if you start to overuse it, I will be annoyed."

"It's just a joke, Lisa!"

"I gave you a fair warning. It's annoying when you repeat something too many times. Also, it reminds me of Jessica now, and I don't really like her at the moment."

"You can't make me stop using a word, Lisa."

"I am not saying that you should stop, I'm saying that I will get annoyed. But, for you, I will try to overcome it. For you. Because I love you. Just use it less, please. I will get used to it. I will do it for you."

"Whatever" Jisoo huffed. "Unbelievable." she said with a serious tone, this time not joking at all. Jisoo sat there, looking at Lisa, and she started to look annoyed.