Chapter 4

"He has a similarity to him." Sky said after staring for a long time at my siblings' picture.

We got to the house after we went to the grocery store and now we were having dinner and talking about what had happened with that man Omar and that mysterious boy called Daine – the same name as my brother's.

"I've seen Daine several times at church." Sky said. "His eyes do look similar to the baby's in the picture."

"I see that too." I agreed remembering those brown eyes. His eyes looked a little small compare to the baby's face in the picture, but I am sure they are the same ones. "He goes to your church?"

"Yes, he does look quite lonely sometimes, but I've never heard of Omar mistreating him." Sky admitted.

Sky gave me the picture back and I securely put it away. Then, she began taking a spoonful of her soup.

"I'm sorry, but we can't assume he is one of the people you are looking for based on a picture." Will acknowledge after taking a sip from his water. "We need more information."

"Yes! Where do they live?" I asked with wonder, while playing a little with my spoon before I got some soup.

"We can't go to their house right now, Millie." Will pointed out.

"The real issue here is if he is being mistreated by this man, Will." Sky acknowledge. "Regardless of whether he is someone Millie knows."

"Either way, this can wait until tomorrow." Will said.

"Where do they live?" I asked again with my spoon not touching the food, and my eyes looking directly at Will.

"Next to the lake we passed when we were coming home." Sky answered.

I remembered the lake. I think is not far away from here. If we go right now it would not be that late. Sky and Will stared at each other. Maybe Will was trying to tell Sky with his stare that she did wrong by telling me where they lived, but she did not.

"I need to go." I said firmly.

"Not right now. We don't even know if it's the same Daine. We need more information." Will explained.

"I will find out more." I responded determined. Sky might have been a bit worried because after I said that, she asked if we were all finished as it was time to go to bed.

"We can eat the chocolates tomorrow." She suggested.

Sky guided me to the guest room where Will had taken Miji and my suitcase. The room had a queen-sized bed, and the covers had a light orange flower pattern. Also, it had a wooden wardrove, and a matching desk facing the widow. Whoever decided to sit on the desk had a view of the garden, but in that moment, only shadow branches from the tree with the unfinished treehouse were seen.

Sky offered to tucked me in, but I told her it was fine. I could go to sleep without someone doing that for me. I told her I was too old for that, but honestly, no one had ever done that for me before. Having someone to tuck me in felt strange, so I did not want her to do it. After saying our goodnights, she left, but I could not go to sleep. I was too anxious. I wanted to know more. Instead of laying on that comfortable bed, covered in the soft orange flower pattern covers with Miji, and with a sleepless mind, I got up and headed to the desk. I climbed it and opened the window as carefully and soundlessly as possible because I did not want to wake up Will nor Sky. When I decided it was enough for me to fit, I went to my suitcase and got out a small handbag. I crossed it over my body and put the picture of my siblings in it carefully. I climbed the desk again and got out through the window slowly and when I was on the other side, I began to walk to the house near the lake.