Just My Bestie😊Reid

Prompt- You're Spencer's bestie, visiting him in the BAU. The team are confused as to who you are, so Spencer introduces you to the team.

Request by @theSupernaturalTeen

-------------

You pull up outside of Quantico, excited about visiting Spencer. You grab the cups of coffee from the cup holders in your car, closing your car door. You adjust the coffee in your hands, entering the building.

You head to the lift and head up to the BAU. You smile, knowing that all you have to do to see your best friend is to walk through the glass doors.

You enter the bullpen, not spotting Spencer. A blonde walks over to you, smiling.

"What can I do for you?" she asks. Your smile falters.

"Is Spencer Reid around? I decided to stop by and see him; I hope I didn't miss him," you say. The blonde smiles wider.
"Yeah, I think he's looking through some records. Let me get him for you," she says. She walks up a set of stairs, into a room.

While she's getting Spencer, you notice some people give you looks. A man— around the age of 55— waves, smiling slightly . You wave back, coffee still in hand.

You notice the blonde come back out of the room with Spencer, pointing to you. Spencer's eyes light up as soon as he spots you. He dashes down the stairs, then wraps an arm around you.

"Hi! It's great of you to stop by," he says. You lift up a cup of coffee.

"Good to see you too! I brought you a cup of Joe, just the way you like it. Nice and sugary," you say, handing it to him.

"Thanks," he says. You take a sip of your own coffee, nodding to acknowledge his thanks.

"So, Spence, who's your girlfriend?" the blonde asks, smirking. You hold up a finger.

"Actually, we're just besties; we're so close that we're technically brother and sister. Also, my name is Y/N," you clarify.

"I'm Jennifer, but you can call me JJ," the blonde says, extending a hand. You smile, shaking her hand.

"Also, sorry for the assumption that you're his girlfriend. I just figured, you know..." she says, trailing off. You smile wider.

"It's a common mistake. No apology necessary," you say.

"So, I spoke to your mom on the phone yesterday, and she says that she would like to see you again," you tell Spencer.

"Well, I'm planning on seeing her in May," he says. JJ looks confused.

"You talk to his mom?" she asks. You nod.

"Daily. She tends to get lonely without someone to talk to, so I call her up and tell her about my day, ask her about her's, then tell her about Spencer," you say. JJ smiles faintly.

"That's sweet! So, is she like a mom to you?" she asks. You nod.

"Yeah. She's like a second mom to me. At first, she wanted me to be her daughter-in-law, but when she realised that Spencer and I love each other like siblings, she settled for just daughter," you say.

The man from earlier walks up, smiling slightly.

"How did Spencer 'boy genius' Reid win this beauty?" he asks. You giggle.

"Spencer and I are just besties and nothing more," you say. Spencer smiles.

"This is Y/N. She and I are like brother and sister, so any relationship other than that is out of the question," he says.