Chapter 8

There's something soft and warm between his arms when Liam wakes up.

At first he's confused, but then a smile stretches his lips, because he suddenly remembers falling asleep spooning Theo.

"Do you want me to leave you two alone?"

Liam opens his eyes.

Theo is smirking at him. It's not a bad way to start his day.

"What?"

"It looks like you're going to make up with that pillow."

Theo keeps smirking at him and he's doing it from the opposite side of the bed, not even close to Liam's arms.

Liam is totally spooning a pillow, he knows it even before lowering his eyes.

"Yeah, well, it's a lot friendlier than you" he mutters, hoisting himself on his elbows and leaning towards Theo.

Theo doesn't move a muscle, but his smirk freezes and his gaze is suddenly very wary as it follows Liam's movement. Liam puts one palm on the mattress next to his head, his wrist tickled by soft hair strands, while he extends his other arm towards the bedside table. Theo lifts his head imperceptibly, eyes fixed on him.

Liam looks at him from above. Their lips are just inches away and Theo totally seems to be expecting something, his blue eyes serious and confident.

Liam lowers a little and closes his fingers around his phone, taking it from the bedside table and then falling back on his side of the mattress with a sneer on his lips. It doesn't matter how good he looks all sleepy and ruffled, If Theo wants a kiss, he'll have to ask for it.

Liam adjusts his head on the pillow and starts typing.

"I saw Derek and Stiles holding hands today."

Send to: everyone.

He smiles satisfied. Justice is served.

"You sent it to Stiles too."

His pillow sinks a little while Theo's head leans close to his.

"Dude, I'm not even in Beacon Hills."

Liam snorts.

"He thinks he's better than us just because he doesn't live here anymore. As if not living in Beacon Hills made him more straight, can you believe this?"

"To be fair, he probably thinks his arms are not long enough to hold hands with Derek across states."

"Who's side are you on?"

"The side of common sense."

Sure, now he likes common sense, why not. He's just petty Liam didn't kiss him.

"Nah, you didn't. But I did. Several times. When Scott didn't even know your name."

Liam is gonna fly to France after graduation just to beat the living hell out of this one.

"And the water is wet."

He's gonna fly to London too. He likes Jackson and Ethan, they're smart.

He won't be able to take Theo with him tough, since he instead finds them creepy and he's sure they use Jackson's tail for questionable things. Liam doesn't know if he's right: he refused to look at the picture they sent Theo, because sometimes his survival instinct kicks in just like that.

"I saw them too."

Now, why is Corey lying?

"I mean, not today, but I saw them after the final battle against the hunters. They were holding tongues."