“Yes we do. Lea I want to make sure you’re not jumping too quickly into this relationship.” Ha! If she only knew that her good little girl went after her man and got him the first night. I’m so terrible. 

“Yes mom, we are, but don’t tell dad! He’ll try and kill Cory and I just got him back it would be a shame to have to bury him already. And besides that he’s so hot mom, it would just be a shame, that’s all I’m saying.” She laughs at me and wraps her arms around me. 

“Lea honey I don’t know where you got your sense of humor but I love it.” Aww isn’t she sweet people? 

“Thanks Cory thinks so too.” I can’t wipe this cheesy ass smile off my face. 

“Now I was only asking because honey I trust you, I just want to make sure you don’t get hurt.” 

“I won’t mom. Cory is the only person I want to be with and he’s just perfect mom.” I sigh. Seriously and she looks at me like I have two heads. 

“So what did I miss?” Jon enters the kitchen and after giving my mom a quick kiss, takes a seat at the kitchen table. 

“Nothing, your sister and I were just talking about Cory.” My mother says leaving out the entire conversation we just had, which I am forever grateful for. 

“So are you guys good now?” 

“Yes we are Jon. You were right he just needed time and now we’re good. No we are better than good.” There goes that cheesy smile again. I could do those infomercials, you know the ones where they try and sell you this piece of shit product that is supposed cook your entire meal in less than five minutes, I mean seriously how the hell do you cook chicken, rice and veggies in less than five minutes? I have one word people…salmonella. Now where was I? Oh right! The cheesy smile, anyway…hell I don’t remember what I was gonna say, so let’s just move along okay? 

“I figured as much when I saw that Cadi parked in the driveway.” 

“Cadi?” My mom turns to me for an explanation. 

“It’s Cory's. My car had a flat and he fixed it, but he wants to make sure it’s safe for me to drive so he let me borrow his.” I say in one breath. 

“This I have to see.” Jon says practically running to the front door. 

“Wait!” I am now running outside behind my brother and mother. Did I mention I’m short? Well I am, I don’t understand that either. My father is tall, my mother is tall and my brother is tall, what the fuck happened to me?! I swear sometimes I think I was switched at birth or something. 

“Damn Lea! He let you drive this? I mean wow! Lucky girl.” My brother says while motioning for me to open up the truck. Why me Lord? Why me? 

After their twenty minute perusal of Cory's car we head back inside and I decide to ask my mother when a good time to bring Cory over for dinner would be, since I really want them to meet him. 

“It would be better if he could come on the weekend, how about this weekend?” 

“Sounds great! Well I must go…” 

“Wait a minute.” Damn it! I almost got away…almost. 

“Yes?” I turn to Jon who is throwing me a questioning glare. 

“Your job why aren’t you there?” 

“I quit.” 

“What?!” I have to stick my fingers in my ears at the shriek of my mother’s voice. Nails on a chalkboard is the only way to describe it.