Chapter 19 - Working on "Old Lisoo"

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, Lisa, later I'll be free and I wanted to roam around town, what do you say - should we hang out?" Chayeoung giggled.

"Of course! As soon as my lecture is over I'll text you and then we can arrange to see each other."

"Okay, great. Have fun at your lecture and see you later!"

"Okay Chaengie! See you later!" Lisa hung up and went to her lecture. She paid attention most of the time but every now and then she thought about what happened during the last couple of days. So many things... Seoul, Jennie, Chaeyoung, Jisoo... Wow... Her thoughts were interrupted by a buzzing on her phone. She opened up her Instagram and saw that she had one private message.

That's odd. I didn't post anything recently besides some Seoul photos. Who is this? LIsa's eyebrows furrowed as she started to read the message that was from some magazine. The message wrote:

Greetings! We are contacting you from the HQ of a small magazine that wants to give exposure to up-and-coming Bangkok artists - whether if it's writers, painters, musicians, sculptors, photographers and so on. We have seen your work on the recent Jennie Kim concert in Seoul, but we would like to confirm that you are from Bangkok. If you are, and if there is interest on your part, we would love to have an interview with you for the next issue of the magazine. You can contact us here or via the links and emails we will be leaving at the bottom of this message. We hope you have a great day!

Lisa was confused at first. She first needed to check out if this was the real deal and not some scam. After a few minutes of research and finding out several interviews from unknown artists, she concluded they were the real thing.

Oh my! This is exciting! I mean... I know they are a small magazine, but... This is still going to go into my future resume. So yeah! I want it! She thought excitedly.

After that she texted to confirm that she was indeed from Bangkok and that she would love to do an interview. This really is exciting! I can't wait to meet up with Chaeyoung today to tell her about this. And I can't wait to see Jisoo later on. Such a great day! And not even half of it has passed!

Soon afterwards, the lecture ended and Lisa contacted Chaeyoung to meet up with her at Siam Square so they could wander around the center of the city.

"You won't believe what happened!" Lisa eagerly started the conversation as she was hugging Chaeyoung.

"Well, I'm starving, so let's go get some food while we talk! You seem super excited!" Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Oh you won't believe what happened!" Lisa laughed and continued to explain what happened this morning. Chaeyoung was all ears. After Lisa was finished, Chaeyoung chimed in:

"But, how did they know you were from Bangkok anyway?"

"I'm guessing they clicked on my username from Jennie's photos and saw my Instagram description. They didn't actually know KNOW, they asked. And I'm so glad they did!"

"See? This is the big break you needed! I knew it would happen! I'm so proud of you!" Chaeyoung hugged Lisa.

"I mean... Yeah... It's not the biggest break, but I am so so SO thankful for it. One step at a time!"

The duo then went on, walking through the streets of Bangkok, talking more about Chaeyoung and her life. Lisa always takes interest when Chaeyoung is taking about her life because so many things happen to her on a daily basis with the meetings and while she's working with people. Today was a lighter day for her so she had the time to hang out with Lisa and they both enjoyed it.

After a while they stopped at a cafe to rest their feet. They were sitting quietly, enjoying a comfortable silence, smiling.

"So... Are you planning on doing something tonight? Maybe we can catch a movie?" Chaeyoung suggested.