Code Red

Chapter 5: Code Red

It's Saturday and I have been trying not to think about what happened the other day. I still couldn't believe Hunter would do something like that. He has a really dark sense of humour. I guess I don't know him at all and I obviously underestimated his tolerance.

The rest of that week I avoided him. Which I really didn't need to because he wasn't looking for me or anything. But at least I can safely say I am never going near that guy again. He's crazy.

Yeah, I know I did annoy him but what he did was way over the limit, imagine he didn't stop it at that moment, what could have happened.

I knew Hunter wasn't like the other guys but I just didn't think he would try to hurt me.

I guess I was wrong because he did. And here I thought I found a friend I could actually feel comfortable taking around.

I have been thinking about this for the past three hours and it's already three o'clock.

I tried going on my laptop to check my mail and stuff to take my mind of things. I need to do something normal even Martha was beginning to question why I've been so quiet lately.

Nothing is working I keep thinking about that douche.

Urgh! I need to get out of the house.

I got up from my bed that had created the shape of my body on the cover due to the memory foam. I was in the same position for three hours.

"Martha, I'm going to the mall!" I shouted whilst looking through my closet for something to wear.

I like to dress up when I'm bored or upset, it really does take my mind off of things.

I picked out my light wash skinny jeans and a long grey wooly jumper to match the grey sneakers I have, throwing on a beanie too

I made my way downstairs to the bottom by the elevator because, well, I'm lazy.

"Be careful out there." Martha said as she threw me my keys to my car.

See, I was about to forget my keys! This car isn't as special as my baby but my baby was still in the shop so I have no choice but to use it. Anyways, it's a car nevertheless and I don't want Richard dropping me off to the mall - I find that weird.

"I will." I assured her and waved a little goodbye.

As soon as I reached for the door knob that lead me to fresh air, in walks Dylan.

I stated at him in complete shock. I haven't seen him in months, I took this opportunity to hug him so tightly ensuring he doesn't leave again!

What was he doing here? Why is he back? Not that I'm not happy because I'm ecstatic but I thought he had some sort of two week training thingy at my dad's central office in New York.

"I missed you."

I looked up at him to notice he was genuinely smiling and had a tearful eye.

"I missed you too." I admitted. Sniffling a bit.

"Oh trust me I know" He groaned out, wincing

"Oh, sorry" I released him from my death hug and grabbed his arm leading him outside with me.

"Where are we going? I just got back."

"We are going to the mall and you don't have any luggage or anything so we are going right now."

Dylan is 19. He's the only person that can really truly understand me without me having to actually talk. But he's never here, he's always on a two week trip of some sort to discuss business matters with my dad and his clients. Dad says he needs to learn more about the business if he ever wants to take over. He really pushed Dylan hard to become exactly like himself. But it's obviously not that easy even though Dylan is a quick learner and smart. The intelligence gene runs in the family so does the common sense gene but i've been told I missed out on that one.