11

Christen's POV

I trudged to my locker and put in my combination. Ugh, it was the first day back at school after Christmas break. I had procrastinated so much that I had to finish all of the homework my teachers assigned last night. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Just as I opened the locker door, Ali came up to me. "Hey Chris! How was break for you?" She asked with a big smile on her face, she was obviously a morning person. "It was good, the whole homework part wasn't" I groaned rubbing my head, "what about you?" She smiled "it was great! Ash and I spent a lot of time together" I grinned, everyone knew they had a thing for each other. "Anyways, I gotta go find her. See you in Chemistry" she concluded before walking away.

I shut my locker and turned to walk down the hall, but there was someone leaning against the wall. "Hey pretty" Tobin said with a big grin. "Jesus Tobs you scared the shit out of me" I sighed, trying to hide a yawn. "Sorry about that. I just thought my girl could use some coffee on the first day back, because knowing you, you probably did two weeks worth of homework last night" she said handing me a hot cup. My girl? "You're the best" I said, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I know." She replied, earning a light punch on the arm.

I went to my third period class, which was history. I had it with Allie so we sat next to each other. "Hey Chris!" She exclaimed giving me a hug, she was always happy. "Hey Allie" I chuckled, taking my seat. We talked about how our day has been going and about winter break, until we came upon the topic of Tobin. "So Harry tells me you two spent a lot of time together these past few weeks" Allie said with a big smile on her face. I think I might've turned the brightest shade of pink. "Yeah we uh hung out a little bit" I stuttered, trying not to sound nervous. "Oh just a little? Sure." Allie grinned before the bell rang. I directed my attention to the front of the classroom as our teacher began his lesson.
Halfway through, Allie slid a folded piece of paper across the desk. Giving her a confused look I slowly unwrapped it to reveal writing. Scribbled on the paper was: Are you sure you don't have anything else you tell me about you and Tobs?
I sighed and hurriedly wrote:
Yes I'm sure, we're just friends
This earned a laugh from Allie as she wrote again:
Yeah, you guys seem like pretty good friends that kiss on the cheek this morning.

Fuck.