1 ♡ Just another day

Junghye entered her own house as if she was entering hell. She absolutely hated the feeling of being home, the thing was, home to her did not felt like home even one bit-- or ever in her 18 years of life. In her own house, with the presence of her mother and father occasionally and maids most of the time, she still felt lonely. 

Her whole life, she truly never experienced the feeling of having a real family along by her side to cheer her on and supported her. 

Her brother was the only one who cared and was mostly concerned about her well-being. Though he was studying abroad in England, he would often call and text Junghye as he was worried about her. 

As for her parents, they only cared about her grades. They weren't even the slightest interested in what she wanted to do or was she healthy. The only time they give her attention was when she gets full marks on her test or do extremely well in school. She was pressured to do her greatest ever since she was a kid who barely knows the meaning of trying hard. 

Her parents always leave her at home with the maid to go on their business trips all year round. They're hardly ever at home to have their daily meals with their daughter and that causes some problems with Junghye. 

Not the best at socializing, she had a hard time growing up. She had some friends during her elementary school years but they all had moved away. 

Junghye was unsurprisingly greeted by maids and she ignored them completely as she could care less about their existence. She hated it when they come into her room for whatever reasons especially when they needed to clean her room. One of the things she hated was people touching her stuff under any circumstances.  

Letting out a loud sigh, she plopped herself on her bed tiredly. She was utterly exhausted from all the work she did in school today and considering she was the class president didn't help at all. What she truly wanted to do now was to sleep and sleep. 

She closed her eyes slowly without even knowing. Soon, she drifted off to sleep. 

Her sleep didn't last long when she got a nightmare. Her eyes fluttered open immediately and she was shaky. 

The one dream that haunts her for almost her whole life. The incident that occurred 10 years ago. That one incident changed her whole personality. Before that, Junghye was a cheerful and bright girl who made everyone smiled at everything she does, but now, she's just a dull student who studies day and night that tops the rank in her whole school and doesn't care about anyone. 

If anyone were to describe her, it would be that she's cold and bossy. She tends to reply to answers and talk in a monotone and had never smiled. She used to love smiling, laughing, giggling, but that was all in the past. She hates to smile or laugh nowadays. 

Getting more friends was one of her biggest achievements yet that had changed. She doesn't want or like to have any new friends. Her childhood friends moved away, she was alone now and she'd rather stay that way than have more people surrounding her, after all, one of them backstabbed her. 

Junghye decided to change out of her school uniform and studied. 

Every day of her life was plain, dull and dry. Nothing exciting. 

As a teenager, she felt a bit left out but she tries not to think about it much. Other students at her school always go on vacations with their families but she's the only one that stays at home doing nothing but study. Completely passionate about her studying, she has devoted herself to study daily. 

A few thuds were coming from her door and one of the maids came in with her meal, "Here's your dinner, young miss." 

Junghye nodded, gesturing that the maid can place it on the table and leave the room. 

"How long has it been since there was a family meal? I don't even remember." She sighed loudly and shook her head with disappointment. She never liked having her meals with the family due to all the naggings for her to do better in school, that was the only conversation they held most of the time but she does miss eating with them because she missed the invisible warmth. 

She began chewing on her food, she barely has the appetite to eat but it's a must, to survive in this world. 

"I'm so tired of life. I really can't find the meaning of living." She whispered to herself grimly as she hesitated to consume another spoon of her food. 

-

Sure being the class president must sound like a lot of fun controlling students but certainly, that wasn't the case. Junghye sure makes a good leader but the students tend to slack off tremendously and that causes stress for her. 

Her number one obstacle was her classmate, Jungkook. He always causes trouble for her and ruins her day by annoying and teasing her. He just never leaves her alone since the day he saw her in their first year of high school. 

It was lunchtime when she noticed Jungkook walking towards her, she attempted to walk away quickly to avoid the troublemaker but he stopped in front of her, making her pause immediately. 

"Do you mind moving or do I have to make you to?" She glared at him and heaved out an angered sigh. 

"Well, I wanted to be nice but I guess not anymore since you're being so salty," he shook his head, "And I'm probably not going to move. What are you going to do about it?"

The way he irritated her with that smug face really just makes her wants to give him a good punch in the face but she had to control herself or else she would be kicked out of the school for good. 

"Don't test my patience, Jungkook." She said firmly as she clenched onto her food tray.