10. Confuscious Say

'He said, "I've been to the year 3000. Not much has changed but they live under water."'

-Jonas Brothers, Year 3000

Numéro dix

"Dude. How the actual fuck is his snapchat going to help us?!" I was annoyed that Elle, as always, had stuffed up the plan. I wanted his number, not his snapchat.

"Well..."

"Well what?!" I snapped. "Well, he may not even have snapchat? He may not even check his snapchat? He would see that it's one of us that's sending it to him! Are you serious Elle!"

"Calm the fuck down, okay. People are staring," Elle said quietly.

"I don't care! Does it look like I care? It's all pretty much fucked up anyway."

"Jayc, how about you just create an anonymous snapchat? Like, anon123 or something?" suggested Roy before I could say anything more to my friend.

"You want to know why I never involve you in my plans?! That's cause- wait... Roy, that's a fan-fucking-tastic idea. Elle, forget I even said anything. We have shit to plan and stuff to do," I explained.

Inconveniently, at that point in time the bell rang. Hordes of kids flooded out through the cafeteria doors and into the hallway, either going to their lockers or to their next class. However, my friends and I remained seated, as trying to navigate through the tide of students would only prove disastrous and majorly disadvantageous for us. Finally, after what seemed to be five minutes, the cafeteria had cleared and we were able to leave without difficulty.

As we walked into the hallway, I saw Elle heading off towards he next classroom. "Nuh-uh." I grabbed the sleeve of her school jumper and tugged he towards the school entrance. "We're wagging."

"Confuscious say this is a bad idea," muttered Elle as the the school doors came into view.

"Confuscious say you a bit mentally screwed in the head."

"Confuscious asks how in the world are we going to leave?"

"Confuscious doesn't know."

•••

In the end we decided to walk. We also decided to go to the end of my street where there is a old rundown treehouse Dad made for me and Ari when we were younger. It was probably illegal but we've never been caught.

"You do realise, if anyone saw us come here they could think we're loitering and doing drugs right?" asked Elle.

I kept a straight face as I said, "Pass the weed."

Her eyes widened in shock as she glanced beside her. I chuckled.

"God Ellie-babe, you're so gullible."

She shot me a glare.

I pulled out my phone from the pocket of my school skirt. I had difficulty though, seeing as the skirts have the worlds smallest pockets.

When I finally managed and slid my finger across to unlock the screen, I was greeted with a '10% battery remaining' notification.

"Shit," I muttered.

"What?"

"Oh nothing. Do you happen do have a phone charger?"

"I do, except last time I checked, I have a Samsung not an iPhone. So no."

"Fuck. Well, we gotta get this done then. We both know my phone battery is the worst."

I opened up the Snapchat app on my phone. I had three ready to be opened but I wouldn't have had any time to check them. Instead, I just logged out of my account.