Lets Get Serious

Click

"Hey, guys," Woods began with a smile that didnt quite reach his eyes. He was stationed on Red Bases couch. Sams shoes could be seen at the side of the frame. "The start of this video is going to be a little different from what youre used to seeing. This is something that has been on my chest for a while now, and it's time I finally talked about it." He paused for a moment, staring at a spot on the carpet before continuing.

"There is this girl, well, a woman actually, who works here at Hi 5. At first, she came off as a bit rude, but once you got to be friends with her, you realize she means no harm. She is insanely smart and incredibly beautiful. She can also be pretty funny, sometimes without meaning to be. Recently, however, it was unearthed that she is being abused by her quote-unquote 'boyfriend,'" he said, doing air quotes, "We've been trying to get her to find help, but she insists that she is fine, and saying that if she deals with him, that is one fewer person others would have to. The problem is that I'm having a hard time sitting back and doing nothing because no one should have to deal with that level of ignorance and idiocy. So, to the abusers out there, you are cowards, and you will have what is coming for you," Woods seemed to be getting slightly worked up.

"And to the victims out there, you are amazing and beautiful. I don't need to know you to recognize that with one hundred percent certainty, but please, don't let this abuse continue. There will be links down in the description you can go to and find the help you deserve. A wise woman once told me theres a beauty in surviving, but you shouldn't have to survive that. We are all surviving, except you are having to survive worse and shouldn't be. So, please I can't stress this enough, follow those links and find help." He stops, his breathing labored. As he reaches out to stop the recording, Paul steps out of his hiding spot where he was listening to the whole spiel. Walking over, he sits down on the couch beside Woods.

"I think its important, also, to mention how you can help out because either you were abused and want to give back, or you simply want to be good. There will also be links in the description where you can donate to the shelters and programs who are helping people get out of these hurtful and toxic situations. Ive done it, I almost positive that Matt has done it. It's easy and quick. So, please, if you can donate, do. It could make a world of difference." He finished, having made his point. Paul began to stand up when Sam shifted her computer over and sat up beside them, though she was looking more at him and Woods than the camera itself.

"Well, you know, I used to volunteer at the women's shelter in my neighborhood, and I sometimes get letters from people who remember me from then. Honestly, they get me tearing up because they talk about all they went through, and how I helped give them hope in humanity again. So, you know, if you can't donate you should try helping out at one of your local shelters." Sam advised, her head bobbing some.

"Tanner, you look like you've gotta story to tell." Woods grabbed the camera and panned it over towards the blond. He stood leaning against the stairs in Red base, staring at nothing in particular, "Tan Man?"

Tanner looked up suddenly, snapping out of whatever thoughts were swimming around in his head. "Yeah, I um, I knew someone once who was in an abusive relationship, he paused, They didnt make it out." Everyone sitting on the couch murmured their sympathy. "And you know what the worst thing about it was? It was that I knew. I knew, and I didnt say a thing. He said he was fine and that he could handle it. I should have known better than to believe it." He shook his head, clearly displeased with himself.

Finally, he looked up and gazed undeviatingly into the camera. "So, I implore you, if you know anyone in this sort of situation, please do something. Because, if you didnt, it will haunt you for the rest of your life. Trust me. With that, he turned around and left." Everyone on the couch just sat there, taken back by the admission before-

Click

https://standstrongnow.org/

https://www.genesisshelter.org/