Chapter 22- Beach

I squeal as someone grabs me from begin and envelopes me in their arms.

"Happy to see me?" Comes a deep raspy voice from behind me.

"I can't actually see you so..." I point out and he turns me round and I smile up at him.

"You look good from behind." Austin smirks.

"Perve." I joke smacking his arm away, "How long were you checking my behind out anyway?" I ask curiously.

"Five minutes or so." He smiles mischievously. I roll my eyes and push him off me. "What are you up to anyway?" He asks.

"I don't know really..." I respond aimlessly.

"Well if your not too busy, how about we go to the beach? Like I promised." He suggests with a shrug.

"Sounds great. Should I get my stuff?" I ask.

"Yeh, I'll come and get you." He nods and I turn and run over to my bus. I feel self conscious and turn back to see Austin watching me with a smirk. I flip him off jokingly and he waves back before walking off.

I put my black bandeau bikini on under a pair of shorts and Austin's muscle top he gave me. I shove a spare pair of underwear into a bag along with my purse and phone. A car horn sounds and I jump in surprise. He is so impatient. I run outside and Austin leans over from the drivers seat to open the passage door for me. I thank him and climb in. He smiles when he sees I'm wearing his top and puts the car in drive. He leans over and turns the radio on. He fiddles around with the dials and sighs in annoyance when all he gets is static, he opens a compartment revealing an extensive CD selection.

"Pick one." He says with a smile and turns back to the road.

I slide forward in my seat and sift through the collection. I smile at one CD.

"Country?" I stifle a giggle.

"Don't hate." Austin smiles, never taking his eyes off the road.

I pull out a Mumford & Sons CD and put it into the CD player. 'I will Wait' instantly pumps out through the speakers, I glance over at Austin to see him smiling at my song choice. Pretty soon I can hear him singing quietly along under his breath. I poke him playfully.

"What?" He asks looking at me in surprise.

"Sing." I smile childishly.

"No way." He says shaking his head, but I can see the corners of his mouth turn up slightly.

"Fine then." I sign dramatically and clear my throat. I belt out the words, in my lowest, manliest, most out of tune folk-rock accent I can.

Austin laughs, "Well now I know why your a bassist and not the lead singer." He teases.

I poke him hard and he yelps.

"I can sing lower than you anyway." He boasts.

"Oh really?" I say, just for the sake of a challenge.

Austin's eyes glint and he clears his throat and sings in an unbelievably low voice that sounds like an earthquake.

"Okay, okay. You win!" I laugh and hold my hands up in submission.

Pretty soon we are both signing along happily, I put the window down and run my hands through the air outside, watching the world whizz by. The album finishes and I turn back to Austin thoughtfully.

"You have a really nice voice." I observe. He looks at me, obviously caught off guard. "You guys should do acoustic." I suggest with a shrug, not sure as to how my suggestion would go down.