Chapter 14 - How to treat a lady.

I lay in bed. Dreading the fact I will have to get up and face the day. Maybe even face Vic and Austin. How the hell am I going to explain to Vic what he saw? 'Oh yeh Austin gives me special hugs in car parks in the dark sometimes. It's fine. Totally normal.' Yeh right.

I sigh and pull myself out of bed and get ready for the day. I stumble out of the bus. Just as I do so I see Tony... and Vic.

Maybe I should try to talk to Vic. Vic catches my eye and makes a point of turning around to walk the other way. Away from me. Ouch.

"Vic?" I call timidly.

He turns to stare at me. His hands in his pockets and shoulders slumped over. I don't understand why he's being so sassy.

"Could I, like, talk to you quickly." I ask nervously. Feeling myself go red with embarrassment.

"Yeh." He states folding his arms and waits

"Alone?" I look at Tony, hoping he will get the hint. He gives me an understanding look and backs away.

I stare at the ground and fumble with my fingers nervously, my skin grows hot under Vic's accusing glare and I feel my nerves growing.

"What?" Vic demands.

I look at him and feel tears well up in my eyes. Vic's gaze softens and he takes a step closer extending his arms out towards me. I shy away, I don't want anyone to touch me. His arms fall to his side in defeat.

"I'm really sorry Vic." I stutter out.

"About what Jade?" He cocks his head to the side in question, "Oh" he says in realisation, "That wasn't your fault."

"So why are you angry?" I ask curiously.

"Because you didn't tell me you and Austin were a thing..." He sighs.

"We aren't." I respond bitterly.

"What?" He says in surprise. I simply nod. He steps forward quickly and pulls me into his arms.

I don't know if I'm over reacting or not but I begin to cry gently into his shoulder whilst he rubs my back gently. The kind of affection which Austin would never show me...

"I'm so sorry he did that Jade." Vic murmurs into my hair.

"It's fine." I mumble.

"No. It's not fine." He states pulling back to look me in the eye, "Even if you had said it was okay for him to do... that is not how you treat a woman."

"How do you treat her?" I ask curiosly.

He smiles wiping a stray year from my cheek with his thumb. "Well, you tell her everyday how beautiful and special she is. How lucky you are to have her. You check if she's okay and you sleep next to her at night." He looks into my eyes affectionately and tucks a stray strand of hair behind my ear, "You text her good morning and goodnight and you take her fancy places so she knows how much she's worth to you and maybe then you will be lucky enough to win the key to her heart." He smiles at me and I feel my heart melt. "Oh yeh and you don't pull dodgy moves on her in a car park."

I giggle and he pulls me back into a hug again.

"Alright?" He asks.

"Yeh." Vic kisses me gently on the head and we stand there in each others arms for what feels like forever. It's the nicest possible way this could have turned out.