Chapter Ten

*cнapтer тen*

 I don't know what to think. I don't know what to do. Obviously, Harry was in my room because the paper wasn't in place. But then why was the door still locked? Is it possible for the paper to have just fallen out? But then yet again, I couldn't see Harry not coming up to see and check on me. He does it constantly. Out of the blue, the door knob wiggled. 

"Ivery?" 

I quickly unlocked the door and opened the door. "Yes?" I asked. Harry made his way inside my room faster than normal. 

"You've been asleep pretty long," he went on turning around to face me. 

"Yeah, it's weird I've been tired a lot more lately," I partially lied. He just nodded his head, biting the inside of his cheek as he stared at me. 

"That is weird," he said quietly. "I told you not to lock the door."

I gulped. "Sorry, I forgot," I replied quickly.

"Just don't let it happen again," he somewhat snapped. I nodded.

"Sorry," I told him again. He just kept his gaze on me. 

"S'okay." It was an awkward silence that took over the room soon after. But just as soon as it came, it soon left as Harry spoke up. "Well I have some errands to run so I'll be back soon," he told me walking out of my room without another room.

"Oh uh, alright," I said. But I doubt he even heard me. Because as soon as I heard his feet hit the floor at the end of the stairs, the sound of the front door slamming shut was soon followed.  I stood in the middle of my room for a couple of seconds before snapping back into reality and stepping out of my room. I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen just as my stomach growled. I opened the fridge and got out a water bottle before finding an apple on the kitchen in the fruit bowl. I rinsed the apple off, before grabbing a paper towel and drying it before taking a bite. 

Half a water bottle later, and a full apple later, I made my way into the living room deciding to watch some T.V. I was half way through 'Girl Code' before there was a knock on the front door. It sounded urgent. As the banging kept happening, I finally decided to put a stop to this ruckus and got up, making my way towards the door. I looked through the peep hole to see a very worried looking familiar face. But instead of his usual grin, it was a worried frown. He placed his hand through his hair before attempting to knock again, but I was quick to open the door. 

"Ansel?" I asked shocked. "What are you doing h- Oh my god! Ansel, what are you doing here?"! I exclaimed as I soon realized he was actually here, and that Harry could be back any second. And then he'd know; and I'd be screwed.

 "Ivery there is something that is seriously wrong!" he said in a panicked tone. I quickly invited him in before closing the door, locking it as I stared at him shocked. It was the first Ansel used my first name and was not referring to me as 'Miss Taylor.' He began to pace back and forth. I noticed him still being in his dress code, all black, just as I was.

"Ansel, what is wrong?" I asked. I was slightly nervous because I've never seen Ansel in this state of mind before. It was nerve wrecking. He stopped pacing, staring at me. I raised my eyebrows, urging for him to continue. He licked his lips before speaking.

"The store is gone, Ivery." My heart stopped beating for a second.

"What do you mean by 'the store is gone?!'" I panicked. I only worked there a day!

"I mean, it's literally gone! It was set on fire and it burned all down!" he raised his voice. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to raise my vo-" 

"No, it's fine! I would be, too if I were you. What are you going to do?" I asked him. 

"Well, Franco is the boss after all. Not me. But I just got the big position and everything!" he seemed upset, it ached my heart. 

"I'm so sorry, Ansel," I said frowning.

"It isn't your fault, Miss Taylor. There's no need for you to apologize for something you had nothing to do with," he said. I felt a little relief when he used my nickname instead of my real name. At least he seemed a bit more calm. There was a silence, the T.V. being the only sound audible before I asked him.

"How did it happen?" I asked. He shook his head and shrugged looking at me.

"I have no idea, Miss Taylor. Could have been arson, that's what it looks like at least. Nothing flammable was even in reach or anything. It just randomly happened, that was a very rare thing. So out of the ordinary," he informed me, running his hands down his face as he lay down on my couch.

"Who would do that?" I asked in shock. 

"I have no idea, Miss Taylor. That's the same thing I am wondering."

"Well, we're going to find out what happened, okay?" I told him, faith in what I said. He looked down at me from his laying position and smiled.

"Okay," he replied. >>>>>>>>>>>>

We sat still for a couple of minutes, just thinking. 

We were coming up with what could have happened, and what might now happen now that there is no store before Ansel left. I was thankful Harry was back before Ansel left, but still was curious on what was taking him so long. My mind kept wandering back on who could have possibly burned down the store if it was arson and what could have happened if it wasn't. Maybe it was just an accident. But now what was going to happen? How was I going to make enough money to leave? Did Ansel talk to his dad already about the apartment situation for me? Many thoughts were going through my brain as I made my way up the stairs and into my room.

I went to go under my mattress to retrieve my schedule to look over and see when my next time to work would have been, but when I placed my hand under the mattress to search for it something was wrong. Something was missing; the schedule. The schedule was gone.

holy shit, what do you think happened? yes ansel is amazing i know i know, lol. and no i dont look like jennette mccurdy, but yeah. ahaha and, remember: time is precious, waste it wisely ! :)