Chapter Eight

I WAS THINKING ABOUT MAKING A TRAILER FOR THIS STORY, SHOULD I?! LEAVE YOUR OPINIONS BELOW.

*cнapтer eιgнт*

I decided not to go through with my plan on seeing if Harry was actually trying to come into my room while I was asleep until next time because for one, it was already halfway through the night and two, it was too dark to try to find anything to actually go through with my plan tonight. Although a part of me wanted to stay awake to just maybe see if I could catch Harry trying to sneak into my room, the other part of me was too exhausted, and I fell asleep. I noticed I have been sleeping more than usual which confused me, to be truthful. 

~~

I woke up to complete and utter silence. No strange appearances by Harry, no voices calling for me, nothing. I was surprised. As I got out of bed, I didn't know what to expect. He could right outside my door for all I know; I wouldn't be surprised. I walked up to the bedroom door which was still shut, just like how I left it. I opened it to find no one on the other side. I made my way down the hallway, towards the stairs as there still was no sound whatsoever. 

"Harry?" I called out. Nothing. Just as I made my last step, I noticed the television was on, which I didn't realize before. I walked into the kitchen to see a note placed on the counter for me. 

Ivery, 

I went out for a bit, but don't worry I will be back soon. There's a sandwich I already prepared for you in the fridge, and you know where to get the drinks. See you soon. 

-Harry 

I went over to the fridge just as my stomach grumbled, opening it and indeed finding the sandwich wrapped in saran wrap with a little note with my name on it, including a smiley face. I grabbed it before unwrapping it, examining what was inside of the sandwich to see it was turkey and cheese. I quickly ate it, but still being careful taking small bites before getting a water bottle from the fridge and drinking half of it. Just as I placed it down, throwing away the left over saran wrap, the front door's lock jumbled and I stood still in the kitchen, unaware of what to do. Harry soon made his way into the kitchen after calling out for me.  "Hey."

"Hi," I replied back before drinking some more of my water.

"Did you enjoy your sandwich?" he asked me, watching me carefully. 

"Yes, thank you for making it for me."

"Of course," he said smiling, "I'm glad you liked it." I smiled back.

"Let me guess," I teased, "you added your secret recipe to my sandwich and that's why it was so lovely?" I asked jokingly before I noticed Harry's expression change.

"I always add my secret recipe to your food, Ivery," he said seriously. I stopped smiling at his words before his lips turned upward into a smirk. "I do on everyone's food, that's just why it's so great."

"What exactly is in it, Harry?" I asked. "Your secret recipe, I mean."

"Ah," he grinned, "but then it wouldn't be a secret, love."  Wouldn't it just be an ingredient instead of a whole recipe? I thought to myself, but didn't allow myself to ask Harry out loud. I guess that thought would just stick between me, myself, and I.

"So, I was thinking," I started off and Harry crossed his arms. His eyebrow raised before he nodded his head, encouraging me to go further with the conversation, "that I should go back down and talk to Ansel about the job and such." I avoided eye contact with Harry. But I could almost feel his stiffening body and the anger radiating off of it.