Chapter Four

*cнapтer ғoυr*

Time passed by as I regained myself and woke up. I was startled when I realized I wasn't in my bed, before I remembered what was happening and instantly sighed in relief. But when I sat up, I was taken back by the image I saw. Harry stood in the door frame watching me with wide-eyes. 

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped. 

"I-I am sorry, I was just about to w-wake you," Harry stuttered, looking down and around frantic. I chuckled at his nervousness.

"It's alright," I informed him before his gaze returned on me. He shyly smiled before leaning more on the door frame. 

"Well, yeah. Get up," he said and I nodded my head. 

"Sorry," I yawned. "What time is it?" 

"It's 12:07. You've been asleep for exactly five hours and twelve minutes," he told me looking at the watch that was on his left wrist. He looked up at me bewildered when I laughed at him.

"I just needed to know the time, not be informed by how long I've been asleep, Harry," I told him. He nervously smiled. 

"Oh, sorry," he said. 

"S'okay," I replied as I got out of bed. His eyes were on me the whole time. I nervously smiled at him as I made my way toward where he was at the door. I could feel his stare still on me as my back now faced him as I made my way down the stairs. "So, what is going on today?" I asked.

"Well, I have to go do some things. But you're welcome to do whatever you'd like while I'm gone," he said. I looked at him, my curiosity getting to the best of me.

"What do you have to do?" I asked.

"Oh, I just need to run some errands," he smiled shyly. I nodded at him in response. "Don't worry. I'll won't be too long,"  he informed me before giving me a glance that made me uncomfortable. 

"What?" I asked uncontrollably. He chuckled shaking his head.

"I just remembered," he said, "I still need to give you a tour." I sighed in relief with his answer.

"You sure do," I giggled and he smiled. 

"Well, you know your room, the bathroom, kitchen and that's about it, right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Pretty much."

"Alright well," he said going toward another room next to the kitchen, "obviously this is the living room," he said stating the obvious. A television with two large couches were in the room. I nodded. 

"Obviously," I said. He frowned, although I didn't mean it in a mean way.

"Don't be so sarcastic," he told me sternly. I looked at him shocked by his sudden change in mood before a smile appeared on his face once again, as if nothing had ever happened. "And this is pretty much it other than my bedroom, and of course the bathroom that's down the hall." I mumbled an 'okay' in reply.  There was an awkward silence before Harry changed that. "Well, I better get going. I won't be too long," Harry said before lightly patting my arm. I stiffened under his touch. What was it with him and touching me? "If you need anything, just dial one on this and it'll dial my number immediately. Mine's the only one on there," he said handing me a small track phone. "I don't have a house phone," he informed me before sighing. "See you around, Ivery." He walked to the front door, it being heard as it was shut before the handle was wiggled around several times before the noise ceased. It was when he left that I grew confused. Where had my phone gone? Did I forget it? But then again, I never remembered putting it down. I had to have it. But where was it? I shrugged it off, not really caring at the moment. It wasn't like I was expecting to talk to someone, anyway. I had no one after all. Basically at the moment all I had was Harry. I made my way into the living room, grabbing the remote from the arm of the smaller couch as I sat down on it making myself comfortable. I turned on the television, the volume being too way quiet for my liking. I turned it up before flipping through the channels trying to find an interesting show or anything that would entertain me but couldn't find anything. But as I passed through the news channel, the header caught my eye. 

ROBERT CURRY, 43 FOUND DEAD IN HOME LATE THIS MORNING

This couldn't be.. Robert? My landlord was found dead? I was trying to process everything but then remembered something. That's not even possible because Harry talked to him this morning. I suddenly got an eerie feeling like someone was watching me. Goosebumps formed on my skin out of my first instinct. I turned the television off before deciding to do some of my own exploring around. I know Harry has already showed me around, but still I want to explore on my own. Harry said he wouldn't be gone too long, so might as well, you know? I made my way upstairs and into my room, looking out the window just to make sure that Harry wasn't back before going back out of the bedroom. I saw the room that was supposedly his as I debated on whether or not to go inside. I chose 'yes,' just to see what his room looked like. The image planted in my head of just the typical boy, or man, bedroom came into play. Most likely messy, plain, and nevertheless, boring in my opinion. But I couldn't even conclude my prediction because I realized that the door was locked. 

What the heck? I thought.

I yanked on it again, but gave up as I came to the conclusion that the door to Harry's bedroom was indeed locked. But why would it be? What was he hiding? Just as I was about to walk away, I heard something. The noise sounded awfully familiar, almost like a light beep along with a buzz. But it was too low to comprehend exactly what he sound was. Just as I made my way down the stairs, I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed something I have not yet seen before. It was a hidden door. It seemed to camouflage within the wall. If the handle was just a tad bit darker, I wouldn't of ever even noticed it's existence. I mean, I didn't notice it before this. But I was tired before, so maybe that's why. Has it always been there? Of course it has. I mentally slapped myself for my cluelessness. I made my way over toward it, my heart beat increasing for an unknown reason as I placed my hand on the door handle, jiggling it to find that this unknown door was also, indeed, locked.  What the actual frick? Does he keep all the doors locked or something? What's the huge secret? I wondered. I frowned at how secretive Harry seemed to be. But, why? I jumped when I suddenly heard a 'click' along with a creek signalling a door was being opened. Of course it was the front door, and that meant Harry was back. I tried my best to be both fast yet quiet as I tip-toe-ran down the hall toward my room. I quickly hopped in bed, pulling the covers over my body just in time before I heard my name being called.

"Ivery?" Harry's voice rang throughout the small house. I kept quiet, trying to control my heavy breaths as I lay on the bed. My chest was going up and down rapidly, my heart beating like heavy drums in my ears as I closed my eyes hesitantly. The silence made it's way through the house, as I suddenly heard loud and heavy footsteps along with some rummaging. "Ivery, where'd you go? Are you still here?" he asked before he started to silently laugh. Why was he laughing? What was so funny? "Of course you're here," I heard him whisper. Oh. I could hear the creaking of his footsteps as they drew closer toward the bedroom door. I cursed myself when I remembered I forgot to close the door, but immediately went back to acting as if I were asleep. Just as I heard a presence in the door frame, I felt more fidgety. But I refused to move as the only thing moving from me was my chest rising and falling from my breathing, which was still somewhat irregular. A sigh of relief escaped from the man in the doorway's lips as his presence seemed could be heard as he got closer to me. "Thank you, God," I heard him whisper before I could feel something lightly stroke my arm. It was such a strange sensation, as it was so light I could only barely feel it. Almost as wind. "So beautiful," he murmured before his footsteps seemed to distance themselves away from me. And as soon as I heard the sound of the door closing, I relieved myself with exhaling air I didn't know I was holding in.