"I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation for what must have happened," Seth began. I turned, wondering where he was going with this. "Too bad we'll probably never know what it is."

I shook my head in disbelief.

"You guys are turning this town upside-down," Beth scolded. "We were just inside and you know what we heard? Some deranged fan of yours had a meltdown earlier and harassed two hipsters or something."

"That's a load of crap!" I blurted out. I really was all over the map. First, I was a spook and then a deranged fan? Was this how strangers saw me?

"Speaking of deranged fans..." Alex got an indignant look on her face. "Did Adrian tell you she was threatened by a certain number one Off-Kilter fan earlier this week?"

Of course Alex just had to bring up Cassidy. It really wasn't my day.

"Hey," Seth turned to me and frowned, looking concerned. "What's she talking about? When was this?"

"It's nothing." I shot Alex a warning look. In my opinion, the less Seth knew about Cassidy, the better.

"That makes no sense anyway, Alex." Ethan waved a dismissive hand. "Any sane person who actually wants to get close to us would know enough to stay on all of your good sides. Right, Adrian?" And then, all of a sudden he started tickling me in the ribs. I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Hey stop it! Get away from me!" I protested with a shocked laugh. I had to use both arms to keep him away from me and in the process leaned back against Seth, who was laughing, too. Ethan was in an awfully good mood. I'd never seen him so giddy. "The hell's the matter with you?"

He stopped tickling me and straightened up. "You used to be more fun," he told me.

"You didn't," I replied.

"Shows how much you know," he said, smirking.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Alex interrupted. She was never one for just loitering when there's fun to be had. "It's Friday and we're all here! What should we do?"

"Anything that doesn't involve going back to that madhouse," Beth said, gesturing toward the mall.

I was with her on that. I would probably be asked to leave anyway, if I stepped back inside.

"Actually, we can't stay," Seth said, looking apologetic.

"You just got here!" I complained.

"Yeah, in fact, we have to go right now, but it's been fun. We should do this again soon," Tristan said. He jumped off the wall, making a skidding sound when he landed, and stood to face us.

"Well then that makes it girls' night. Any suggestions?" Alex waved them off and turned to us, already over being bailed on.

"Adamson kids are having a party," I announced.

It was the first thing that came to mind and it seemed to catch the guys' attention as well. They stopped in their tracks and exchanged looks before turning back to us.

"Huh. Where'd you hear about that?" Seth asked.

"Basketball practice."

"Basketball-?" This came from Tristan, who then broke into a grin. He waved a finger in front of my face. "Old Matt still hasn't given up, huh? Has it finally happened? Has he worn you down?"

"Shut up, Tristan," I swatted his hand away. "I ran into him after talking to Coach Liz and he mentioned something about the party."

"Oh my God, is he taking you? Are you finally going on a date?" Alex looked like she was about to cry.