Pidge practically rushed forward, slowly, as to not draw much attention and suspension to the action. She placed a hand on your back and leaned her head against your shoulder, staying silent as you struggled to maintain the collected exterior you put on beforehand.

Hunk had been busy cleaning the kitchen when he was summoned to the pod room. He was covered in flour, it smudged on his cheeks and even a little in his hair.

He didn't need to be verbally told on what was happening. Judging from you and everyone else's solemn expressions, he feared the worst.

"Oh no..." he trailed, walking cautiously over to you as if you were a wounded animal, ready to attack.

He slowly embraced you and Pidge in a hug, squeezing you three together as you unwilling let a few tears fall.

Lance soon joined in, then Shiro, and so on till only Keith remained, standing awkwardly a few feet away.

You looked upwards from your hug fest and noticed Keith, eyes trailed to the pod. You continued to stare until he turned his gaze toward you, to which you gestured with your head to join the hug fest. He was hesitant.

You pleaded with your eyes and he caved, slowly walking forward and settling himself onto the ground next to Shiro, hesitant to wrap his arms around the group.

The Paladins, the princess, and her advisor were, and you realized this at that moment, your family.

•••

Two hours passed before you even considered leaving the pods. Lance had passed out leaning against a pillar, Keith had eventually left with a second glance. Shiro, along with Allura and Coran, soon left, speaking something of needing to learn how to help Will; you didn't much pay attention.

Hunk was slowly starting to drift off, his head bobbing forward and then back as he struggled to stay awake. You felt bad for making them stay.

Pidge, on the other hand, was wide awake, quite used to staying up later than normal. You gave a quiet yawn, directing Pidge's attention to you and away from her computer, that showed a map and some sort of locating system; Matt, you guessed.

Pidge gave a concerned look before turning back to her computer, not quite sure how to help you; Matt was the good one at comfort, she lacked that and she hated it. You sat quietly next to her, hands in your lap.

Will was motionless in front of you, a calm look pulling at his features. Oh, how you wished he would just pop out of the healing pod and be his cheery self once again. You missed him dearly and your head filled with memories.

"You know," Will began, plopping himself down in the seat in front of you, "you look pretty damn intimidating when you're concentrated. It scares me,"

You chuckled. "I'm not that intimidating,"

"Yeah, you are," He laughed, pulling the collar of her shirt down, trying to loosen the tight fit. "First time I saw you, I was scared you'd break my wrist or something."

You were in disbelief. If anything, Will intimidated you. "Well, that was because someone had pissed me off and I was ready to slap a bitch."

He laughed once again. You liked his laugh, it was loud and it was always genuine.

You missed his laugh. Its been awhile since you've heard it.

"Y/n?" Pidge asked, placing her hand on your shoulder. The action gained your attention and you turned to face her, e/c eyes shimmering with tears.