8- Surprise

*Pidge smiling at you and playing with her glasses*

|Word count- 894

Warnings- Mild swearing(this is a daily thing now), mention of abandonment

"So, let me get this straight, I'm Altean?" Will says, gesturing with one hand towards Allura and Coran.

"Yes, that is correct," Allura speaks, nodding as Coran pulls up a screen in front of him. Will sighs in annoyance and you put your hand on his shoulder, trying your best to soothe him.

"And how is that? I never had these or these-" he gestures to the markings on his face. "Markings or whatever you call them, until now."

He had a point. He never had the specific appearance of an Altean till now and it didn't really add up.

Coran looks up from his screen at Will. "Me and Princess Allura believe that due to high amounts of exposure to quintessence, Will's Altean side has shown through the human exterior his parents put on."

Will's jaw tightens at the mention of his parents. "So, wait, my parents sent me away? Why?"

Allura steps forward. "Altea was destroyed 10,000 years ago, so we don't know if you were asleep for 10,000 years or if they survived. But either way, you should of have died of old age by then."

He chuckles, a little too unhappily. "So, I should've been dead."

You panic slightly, not wanting your friend to feel outcasted or such things. You move to stand in front of him, placing your hands on his shoulders. "Will, what they're meaning to say is that they don't know why you're alive and that it's weird that you're alive cause Altea was destroyed 10,000 years ago."

"I got that Y/n," he says, looking past you and at the other two Alteans. You frown and go to stand next to him. Pidge walks up to you and places her hand on your shoulder, giving you a caring smile, which you return.

Will stayed silent, gaze cast to the floor. His fists were clenched and you were worried about what was going on in his head.

He finally looks up and switches between the gazes of Allura and Coran. "How was Altea destroyed?"

"Empire Zarkon," Allura states, spitting out the name as if was acid on her tongue.

"Then let's kill that son of a bitch."

'''

You sat next to Pidge in the lounge, watching as she tinkered on one of her gadgets. Allura, Coran, and Shiro talked in the opposite room over what you assumed was the mission the Paladins would be going on. Will and Lance exchanged jokes on the opposite side, and occasionally you'd hear one of them burst out laughing.

"Damn it!" Pidge exclaimed in annoyance causing you to look at her in concern. You look at the gadget in her hand and tilt your head to the side.

"Can I see it?" you ask and Pidge looks at you before handing it to you. You take the cold metal contraption into your hands and twist it around, looking at it intently.

"Whats wrong with it?" you ask, looking at Pidge as she directs you to the problem.

The metal ball in your hands looked completely normal and you couldn't find anything wrong with it, but when you tossed it up into the air, much to Pidge's surprise, you heard a rattle.

"Is it supposed to rattle like that?" you ask and her face brightens. She smiles and you hand her the ball, watching as she fixed the problem.

The ball turned out to be a floating one, with a line going horizontally around it and with an eye in the middle. It floats a few inches above Pidge's hands, both the line and the eye glowing a light blue.

Your eyes widen and you realize what Pidge has done. "Pidge, what did you do?"

She laughs, and the floating ball flies to you, resting on your h/c head. You laugh, realizing Pidge had brought back one of your old robot buddies.

"We didn't manage to find your backpack, so I thought I would make you Horizon 2.0," she explains, playing with her glasses and you throw your arms around her. She's taken aback, but hugs back anyway and smiles into your neck.

You two had completely forgotten about the others in the room, and they were obviously watching but looked away when you drew your attention back to the ball, which was now in front of you.

Pidge kept her gaze on you, and she realized, right then and there, that she had fallen in love with you.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates! I just wasn't feeling this story, but I'm back! I'm getting kind of annoyed by how I think my writing skills are, and I'm so sorry if this story is confusing as hell. Please DM/PM if anything is confusing, I'd like to know! I'm trying to go on a writing spree, but with school and stuff, things are hectic, buuuttttt, with this weekend, I'll hopefully be able to post actual chapters and not A/Ns. Also, I'm sorry this chapter is so short. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this, and I will see ya later!