Nightmare |Noctis x Reader|

(A/n) Requested by Luna12334 . I'm extremely sorry about the wait, I feel so bad that it's been such a long time. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy your request! Thank you for reading!

(Y/n)'s POV

The sky is dark, stormy clouds covering the glow of the moon's light. My heart is pounding, feeling as if it's going to burst through my chest, as I run. The chilling, night wind blowing through my (h/l) hair and nipping at my ears, but I pay it no mind. I ignore the stinging pain in my legs, from running for so long, as I desperately try to reach my destination.

'Please don't let it be too late,' I silently plead, fearing the worst.

I should have never left..

***

It was supposed to be a quick run to the store. Noctis and Prompto were craving sugar, and for the first time ever, Ignis agreed. Not wanting him to change his mind, I left in a hurry, giggling as I heard Prompto's happy cheering.

Once in town, I happily skipped into a candy shop. Gazing hungrily at the large array of choices, I finally decided on a bag of chewy caramels. Once I finished paying, I walked out of the sweet smelling store.

Except, something was wrong.

The streets were empty. Everyone was gone, and all of the windows were shut tight.

Even if it was night, there's almost always at least someone outside. I distinctly remembered there being a few merchants and civilians outside.

But no, everyone had mysteriously vanished.

Looking around, I frowned slightly in confusion. I had the feeling that something was wrong, that I should be worried, but I couldn't figure out why.

Then I saw it, a few imperial airships, heading in the direction of our camp.

I dropped the bag, candy spilling everywhere, and without thinking started sprinting back, leading me to the present.

'How could I have been so stupid? How could I just leave them like that?!'

I feel a few tears on my cheeks, and quickly wipe them away.

'No! This is not the time to cry. I need to focus.'

I try to forget about my emotions, as I run towards our camp. I'm almost there, the rock formation we had set our tent on appearing in the distance.

The closer I get, the more worried I become.

Why aren't there any sounds? No clashing of metal against metal, no sounds of gunfire, not even Prompto's celebratory victory song, nothing. Everything was deathly silent.

"Prompto? Ignis? Gladio? Noct?" I wait for a few moments, hearing nothing but silence. "Anybody?!"

The only answer I get is the wind blowing eerily through the tall grass.

I feel my heart rate increase, as I look around on a panic. They couldn't have just disappeared, especially with imperials around, so what could have happened to them? Where are they?

Unless... unless something terrible occurred.

Taking a shaky breath, I take wary steps towards our camp.

As I approach the stone, I take a deep breath, before climbing up. I take a look inside the tent.

Nothing, I sigh in relief. 'Maybe they're just not here right now. That'd certainly explain the silence.'