Mission Possible

(I am honestly really excited to start getting into the movie. I've decided that after the next chapter, we will get into the first movie! For reference, Leo is about 35 years old, Tigress is about 23, and Shifu is about 55 years old)

2 years later. 3 more years until Tai Lung's escape.

Leo sat under the Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom. His eyes were half-lidded as he stared at a small peach in his paw. Wonder clouded his mind as he rolled the peach around on his large paw. Leo unsheathed his claws. One of his claws poked the peach, and a bit of juice bubbled up where he punctured it. The fruit was so small, yet it was able to sprout into a large, brilliant tree such as the one he was seated under.

The lion gently placed the peach on the ground and stood up, his tail flicking as he inhaled the morning air. It would be a great day for outdoor training. A breeze picked up and blew past him, ruffling his brown mane slightly. Leo breathed deeply, smiling. Today would be a good day for training with Shifu and the rest of the Furious Five.

As Leo trotted down the steps, he was met by the messenger goose, Zeng. Leo smiled,

"Good morning, Zeng. Any news this morning?" He said, his voice carrying a cheerful as the morning light bathed his golden fur.

"Shifu sent for you! He says it is important!" Zeng said, slightly out of breath.

Leo's eyes narrowed. The peace of earlier was forgotten as the lion leapt over the bird, falling onto his four paws and haring towards the Jade Palace. If Shifu sent for him, claiming it was important, it must be an emergency.

The lion arrived at the Hall of Warriors, where Shifu was waiting with the rest of the Furious Five. Shifu was holding a scroll while the rest of the five read the contents of it. Leo stood upright, smoothed down his mane, and walked over to the six animals,

"What is going on?"

"We got a message from a village in the Southwestern Mountains. There is a village there. The villagers are being terrorized by a group of bandits. They are requesting help." Shifu said. He handed Leo the scroll to read.

Leo began reading the scroll and, sure enough, the scroll was a cry for help. It was signed by many of the villagers. But it did not specify how many bandits there were or what animal they were. As Leo continued reading, Shifu spoke up,

"I want The Furious Five to go. Leo, you will go as well. I want you to lead them. You will leave this evening."

"Yes Master." The six animals said in unison, each bowing to Master Shifu. As they left the Hall of Warriors, Leo turned and looked at each of the warriors and spoke,

"The Southwestern Mountains is a two days travel on foot, but we can get a boat and travel on the river and get there before noon tomorrow. Get some rest, we will leave once the sun touches the horizon."

The Furious Five bowed to him as well, and Leo dismissed them. The lion, as the five others went in their separate ways to prepare for the journey, decided that it would be good to pack food. Leo walked into the Jade Palace and made his way into the kitchen. He picked up a basket and placed it on the dining table. Leo packed fruit and other foods into the basket, being sure to get enough food for each of the Furious Five and him.

His ears twitched as he heard footsteps echoing down the hallway. They were slow, slightly heavy footsteps. Leo looked up just as Oogway lumbered into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Leo."

Leo smiled and nodded a greeting to the tortoise, placed several peaches from the Peach Tree into the basket next to some bread.