Meditation

The monsoon raged through the mountains. Leo Lung crouched on all fours. His tail lashed as he watched as the rain fell. After taking shelter in the cave, the Kung Fu Master had continued to watch the rain fall for several minutes.

Leo hated water. Leo believed the worst of the storm was yet to come, luckily, but he still didn't want to go out. He wouldn't try going home now. The lion shook his mane out and backed further into the cave. As he continued to listen to the steady rain, Leo felt his eyelids drooping.

He shook his head. He could easily wait out a storm such as this. The storm would pass in several hours. Leo sat on the rocky floor and watched the storm. He yawned. The Lion Master slapped himself. Not too hard to hurt, but hard enough to try and wake himself up. But even though he slapped himself, the steady hum of rain got the best of the lion's senses. Leo even tried to bite his paw. The plan was quickly scrapped- his pads may have been hardened from years of training, but his teeth were still sharp.

The asiatic lion slowly took his bag and turned the bag and made it into a makeshift meditating mat. If he was going to wait out this ungodly storm, he might as well be comfortable whilst doing so. He lay his other robe and bag on the floor and kneeled down on it, letting out a sigh of relief as his muscles relaxed and his brain calmed down.

Leo didn't want to fall asleep. He only wanted to rest. Meditating would have been an acceptable pass-time as well. But, after Leo stole a quick glance outside the cave, it was quite clear the storm would not pass soon. So the lion kneeled on his mat and closed his eyes.

Shifu had taught Leo about inner peace. Leo couldn't remember every last word of the lesson, but he remembered that true happiness could be reached by achieving inner peace. And, if the lion could recall anything from that day, it was that meditation could lead to inner peace. Maybe if he tried to meditate he could achieve inner peace?

So, with that in mind, Leo relaxed his muscles. He didn't even know how to achieve inner peace. But he held onto the hope that maybe he could achieve inner peace if he tried. He slowly hummed the words:

"Inner peace..."

In the Valley of Peace

"Where is he?!"

Shifu had turned over the entire palace searching for his remaining son. He had searched Leo's room, his favorite training spot, and even Leo's favorite restaurant. But the Kung Fu Master had found no sign of his beloved son.

The red panda was worried. What if Tai Lung had broken out and stolen Leo Lung? What if Leo Lung had run away and was never coming back? What if he was paralyzed somewhere and could not call for help?

Worry and grief clouded his mind. As a large thunderstorm brewed overhead, Shifu let out a shaky breath. What if Leo was in that storm? Shifu knew for a fact that Leo hated water. Shifu remembered trying to give him a bath when he was young cub. Shifu felt a smile tug at his muzzle, but he growled. He didn't want to appear happy in this time of obvious distress. His son was missing! Master Oogway, the tortoise, slowly approached his apprentice.

"Master Oogway!" Shifu said, his blue eyes were clouded with fear, "Do you know where Leo Lung is?! Please!" He begged. Shifu loved Leo Lung. It was one thing to witness one of his sons be sent to prison for life. It was another thing to see that and your last remaining child go missing the same week.

"Leo Lung.." Oogway breathed, "The young cat has gone a journey."

Shifu closed his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. Leo Lung had not been captured or taken away. "Do you know where he went?" Shifu asked Oogway.

Master Oogway frowned, then said slowly, "Your apprentice has gone to visit his brother. He promised to be home be tonight."

Shifu's ears were pinned to his head in anger. He had specifically told Leo not to go to Tai Lung! Then what does the lion do? He goes and does just that. But then Oogway handed the red panda a note. Shifu grabbed the small note and was about to tear it apart, but then he read it.

Master Shifu,

Hey..I know you told me to not see Tai Lung. But I simply had to see him one last time. I will be home in 2 and a half days, I promise.

Leo Lung

Shifu frowned as he read the short note. Not only had two and a half days passed, but he still was not home yet.

"He must have gotten caught in the storm. That's it.." Shifu said, trying to ease his worrying nerves.

Oogway stared at Shifu in sadness. He seemed to know something at Shifu did not. But the red panda didn't press any further. He walked outside the palace and stared at the storm. The storm was monstrous.

The red panda sighed and turned to Oogway. "I'm..going to warn the villagers of the storm.." With that, the master limped to the village to tell the villagers to bring their things inside. This storm was bound to be unforgiving.