xx

Kyle felt like he had died and gone to heaven. There he was, the winner of all of Emily's care and affection, albeit unwillingly. When Emily had first rejected him, he had worried that their relationship might grow strained. That things wouldn't be able to go back to normal. However, he was relieved to see that they could still mess around like before. He imagined life with just being friends with Emily... sounds... good. But holding hands with her. Kissing her. Calling her sweetie and honey. Now that sounded great. Maybe he was being greedy. But he couldn't help it. He was so acutely aware of his desire for Emily, and couldn't picture life without her in it. And he knew, deep down in his guts, that Emily felt the same way. Or else, there wouldn't be this jolt of electricity every time their eyes met or their fingers touched. Hence he would wait. Someday, fingers crossed, she'll return his feelings. No pressure. I'm cool with being friend zoned. While he should be content with that, he felt growing discomfort and annoyance at how chummy Emily and Maddox were becoming. It was clear that Maddox admired Emily from the get go, but now Kyle was starting to wonder if Emily was feeling the same way, too.

After finishing snowboarding, they had all washed up and gathered at the den. Candace, Naomi, and Brent were playing an intense round of Uno. Meanwhile, Emily and Maddox were sitting by the piano together as Maddox played piece after piece. And annoyingly enough, Maddox was flipping great. He played everything. From Chopin to Jazz and Blues. Emily hummed along and clapped after every song and her eyes glowed in wonder.

Now, Kyle was beginning to regret that his wrist was twisted. He wished he could play her the piano, too.

xx

Brent watched Emily and Kyle amusedly. All five of the students at Tuscany Academy were sitting at the dining table at the restaurant at the top of the hotel. They were the only guests there since Maddox had booked the whole restaurant for them. Maddox had to leave early in order to take care of some business much to his and Kyle's pleasure. Brent let out another snicker as he watched Emily's expression switch between moderate irritation to pure annoyance. She had an expression that clearly wanted to be anywhere but there while Kyle had the largest smile.

"Could you take out the peas?" Kyle asked sweetly to Emily.

"No," she glared. "Stop being picky."

He opened his mouth to protest which Emily took as a signal to drop the load in his mouth. He started choking and Emily picked up a glass of water.

"Hey!" Kyle protested. "I'm a patient!"

"Suck it up," she blandly said as she poured the water into his mouth.

He snickered as Kyle's eyes bulged because of the amount she poured in. Sensing it, Emily stopped pouring and Kyle looked like a puffer fish with all the water in his mouth. He gulped it down and glared at Emily.

"You're horrible at this," he complained.

"Then get someone else!" She argued.

"No!" He retorted.

"Then suck it up!" She said as she poured another spoonful of peas into his mouth.

"Mfmnn," he argued back.

Candace let out a small giggle and Brent snickered as well.

"Excuse me," walked in a man with bright green hair wearing a tux, "Boss wishes for all of you too come outside after you're done with the meal."

"Sure," Emily stood up eagerly when Kyle sat her back down, "But I want some foie gras next."

"Ask Brent to feed you," she smirked as she walked out eagerly.