Chapter 19

Kaminari's battle ended in a failure, with him expending too much electricity and becoming brainless egghead. Shiozaki's vines curled around his body, hoisting him into the air where he was rendered immobile, therefore giving the win to her.

Before they had started, Kaminari had said something cocky, and asked if she wanted to go out for dinner later that day after he won. Of course, that plan ended disastrously for him.

After that was Iida and Hatsume, the girl from the support course who had several 'babies'. That fight was quite interesting to watch, although it was most likely embarrassing and humiliating for your speedy classmate, who had to endure being a guinea pig for Hatsume.

Iida had been unable to land a hit on the pink-haired girl, who gleefully continued to show off the machines she created, using him as a test subject while calling out commentary. Ten minutes after the fight started, she calmly stepped out of the arena, wiping away imaginary sweat as everyone else gaped at her.

"I'm going down to get ready now," you murmured, making your way out of the spectator area and to the entrance of the stadium, where you were planning on watching the match that would precede yours.

As Ashido passed you—Aoyama would be entering from the other side—you mumbled a good luck to her, which she gratefully accepted with a nod.

Soon, the two of them were duking it out on the 'battlefield'.

Aoyama started off by shooting a large beam from his support belt towards his pink-haired opponent, who dodged it by sliding on her acid back and forth. This continued on for a while, with Aoyama being unable to land a clear shot with his laser on Ashido. As she got closer and closer, she launched acid from her hand, throwing it onto Aoyama's belt.

Some of the residue landed on his pants, which resulted in his pants becoming loose and falling down. While he was distracted, Ashido gave him a clean uppercut to the chin, sending him flying backwards and knocking him out. Nemuri declared him the winner.

Present Mic, who was sitting with Aizawa in the commentators box and had been calling out commentary into his microphone so it resonated throughout the stadium, announced the next battle that would happen—you versus Yaoyorozu.

The black-haired girl who had also gotten in through recommendations had to be nervous, going up against one of the strongest students in the class. At least, that was what you presumed. You didn't know how she was feeling.

As you calmly strolled out into the arena, stepping into the boundary lines, you took a glance at Yaoyorozu. She looked like she was peaceful, but you could see she was taking deep breaths and murmuring to herself 'I can do this' over and over again.

"Ready?!? START!!!" As soon as these words were shouted, you thrust your hand towards Yaoyorozu, expelling a large and powerful gust of wind that blew yours and her hair back. It sent her stumbling backwards, forcing her to create a pole that she could stab into the ground to regain her balance.

Glancing around, you could see several pro heroes muttering to each other. Your quirk was very versatile, so they most likely wouldn't be able to figure out the base of your power. However, as long as you could impress them while they were scouting you out, nothing else would matter.

While you were looking around, Yaoyorozu took that time to create a sword and a shield. Then, attempting to make her way over, she took the next turn to attack you. As soon as she got within five feet of you, another whirl of wind burst from you, even stronger than the last.

It reached the edge of the field, almost sending Nemuri off her pedestal where she was watching, and blowing Yaoyorozu back. She grit her teeth, her face concentrating as she thought hard about how to defeat you.

As soon as an idea seemed to pop into your head, you sent another wave of wind and pushed her back even farther.

Before she could launch her counterattack, Nemuri stopped her.

"Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! (Last Name) wins!"

The other girl had a look of shock and surprise on her face, peeking downwards.

Her heel had unluckily just managed to cross the white line, leaving her with a crestfallen expression. You walked across to her, shaking her hand before you left. Shouto wasn't in the spectating area anymore, although several others in your class were there.

"Did you win?" As soon as you turned around the corner, you found him standing there, leaning against the wall.

"Yeah," you replied. He was getting closer and closer to you, and for some odd reason, your heart was starting to beat faster. Your face was warmer than it was before, and you couldn't stop the pitter-patter that was going on in your chest.

"My father...he noticed that I was close to you. At least, closer to you than I was to everyone else. He wanted to know what you were to me," he said, his tone cool.

"What did you say?"

"That you're someone I trust. A lot."

And as soon as he said this, a warm feeling washed over your body. It was strange, but you couldn't help but savour it.

"Are you still angry with him?" you asked carefully.

"Not as much as before. I've...cooled down a bit. I still hate my old man though," he replied.

"Right..."

The two of you walked in silence, back to the viewing area. The fight you were waiting for, the one you most wanted to see was Bakugou and Uraraka. You felt slightly sorry that such a sweet and kind person had to go against the angry ash-blond.

"Do you know what love is like?" you asked abruptly, causing Shouto to halt.

It was silent for several moments. "No," he said finally, looking away. Nodding slowly, you pulled him along, to continue the trek to the area where the rest of your class was.

As soon as you entered the seating area, your classmates were on you, congratulating you and clapping you on the back. You took it all in attempting to wade through your classmates so you could sit down.

"You were so cool, (Last Name)!!!" Midoriya gushed, holding a tattered notebook and a pen in his hand. "Can you tell me more about your quirk? I've never really thought about it before, but I just realized that I've seen you do countless things with it."

You sighed. "It's called Magic Circuit. You see this mark on my finger?" You held out your hand as the green-haired boy peered at the red markings wrapped around your middle finger. "This is where the power of my quirk comes from. I have no limitations on what I can do, since it's magic. I'm only held back by the fact that I get severe and painful headaches if I overuse my quirk."

"But can't you just make the pain vanish?" Midoriya questioned, scribbling words down onto one of the pages of his notebook.

"Not with my quirk, no. Only with painkillers and stuff like that," you responded. As he peppered you with more questions, he only stopped when he noticed Uraraka and Bakugou entering the arena.

"It's Kacchan and Uraraka's fight! Kacchan's probably going to win, although depending on how she plays her cards, Uraraka could win too..." He continued to mutter under his breath, making you groan internally.

Why did he have to sit right next to me?