Chapter 5

After the two of you parted ways, you crossed your arms, thinking about what just happened. You've never been a very loud or open person, yet you just told him about your past. It was because...you felt he was different.

Shaking your head, you went down the road that led home. Nemuri should be home now, so you might as well go too to not worry her.

"(Name)!!! Were you out with a boy?" she asked, smirking.

"Yeah."

She gaped for a moment. "I didn't actually expect you to say yes!"

"It was Todoroki Shouto." You waved her and her multiple questions off, choosing to go to your room instead.

"B-but..." She trailed off, watching you climb up the stairway. She let out a sigh.

The next day, you woke up earlier than normal. Deciding to cook breakfast instead of falling back asleep, you changed into your school uniform and traveled to the kitchen, pulling out a pan and some pancake mix.

After adding the necessary ingredients to turn it into batter, you started doling out spoonfuls of it onto the now oiled pan. Working efficiently, you managed to make several before Midnight came down, rubbing her eyes.

"You made these?" she said in surprise when she noticed the plate of cakes in front of her.

"Yeah... I actually know how to cook, so I decided to help not burn the house down," you responded.

"You're going to need practice cooking for your husband someday!" she said, winking.

"Jeez," you sighed. You placed a few on a plate and handed it to her, taking the rest for yourself.

"All Might's teaching you in the afternoon, (Name)," Nemuri informed you.

"Oh, okay."

"Anyone else your age would be screaming with joy." She rolled her eyes before digging in. Her food was gone in minutes, as was yours. By now, you had an hour before school started, so you grabbed your bag and left.

On your way to school, you ran into the boy who you shared your past with in front of the park.

"Good morning, (Name)," he greeted you. Seeing as there was time, the two of you sat down on a bench nearby.

"Hi, Shouto..." Your voice got quieter. It was weird for you to call a boy you met a day ago by his first name, and it was tempting to blush. You tried not to, because you usually didn't get embarrassed by this, but it was so foreign to you.

It was unusual.

"I'm not going to pretend like I know or want to say anything," he said. "But you're one of the people in 1-A that I can stand."

"Right... Same here, I suppose," you responded.

About ten minutes passed, the two of you sitting in silence, and no words exchanged. But it was relaxing. So much that you almost forgot about school.

"I guess we should leave now if we want to be on time," Shouto said, standing up. You followed suit, strolling along the streets to Yuuei.

"You guys came together?" Nemuri squealed when she saw you at the gates. She arrived before you did, but after being informed that you hadn't shown up yet, decided to wait for you.

She had a sly smirk on her face. "There's nothing between us," you sighed.

"If you say so," she said coyly. Rolling your eyes, you waved her off and left for class.

———

The first half of the day went by rapidly, and so did lunch. Shouto sat with you today, but the two of you sat quietly, drinking up the silence at your table.

"I AM HERE!!! COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!" All Might burst through, his cape billowing behind him and a large smile plastered to his face.

You could hear Midoriya's gasp, clearly an All Might fanboy.

"We're going to be doing a battle trial for today's exercise! But first...change into the hero costumes created from the designs you sent in!!!" he announced.

The girls were chattering in the change room again as you slipped on your hero costume. There were many minuscule details, but the basic description was a black and red covering over a strapless white dress with armor covering your chest for protection against physical attacks that might come your way. You quickly made your way out of the changeroom to the meeting area.

"Okay! Everyone listen up! For our battle trial, you're going to be split into teams of two! Then, two teams will be randomly picked to fight against each other, one villain team and one hero team. The point of the hero team is to reach the secret weapon the villains will be guarding!" All Might explained. You were currently in a room with multiple monitors and screens that were showing footage of different training centers. "Any questions? No? Then day it with me—PLUS ULTRA!!!"

After everyone pulled out a paper with their team letter on it, you found yourself without a paper.

"I guess we have an odd number," All Might said weakly. "We can add you to another team, if you—"

You cut him off, interrupting him. "I'm more than capable of being on a team by myself."

"Oh, um..."

"I'm more than capable of being on a team by myself," you repeated.

"You can be Team K then..." All Might looked flustered and confused, but you ignored it, waiting to see what teams would go against each other.

"Let's start! First is Team A against Team D!"

Looking around to see who it was, your eyes fell on Midoriya who looked frightened. He was on Team A with a brunette, Uraraka, and they were against the stiff, dark-haired boy, Iida, and Bakugou.

You couldn't blame him for being afraid; Bakugou's volatile personality was frightening for many. But Bakugou seemed to have something against Midoriya, he was quite hostile to him too.

But you forgot about it when All Might announces who you were versing.

"I'm going to go all out on you, (Name)."

It was Team B against Team K.

So that meant you were against Todoroki.