Chapter 14 - Yet another twist

Okay I'm sorry but I have another cliffhanger BUT I do believe that you will all be happy at the end of this one. To be honest though, I don't think I can get many more chapters out of this story, but I could possibly do a sequel in a while (and when I say a while I mean 2 months time). Don't worry I will update Personal Soldier soon! I was going to do it tonight but I got distracted by Leona Lewis, so I'll write it tonight hopefully and then get it up tomorrow. How does that sound?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I placed my hand under my top and ran my finger over my stomach. You could hardly tell I was pregnant, which wasn’t surprising. It just looked like I had a large lunch. We hadn’t planned on having another baby, it just sort of happened. Well, I shouldn’t say that, things like that just don’t happen.

We’d been out for dinner about two weeks before Caleb was born, but at the time we obviously didn’t know that Caleb was his and Nathan had admitted that he had slept with Lizzie; he still hasn’t admitted it. We did get a little tipsy after going to a nightclub and ended up getting a little steamy in the bedroom. Nathan promised me that he used protection, but it obviously didn’t work.

No matter what happens over the next few weeks or days, I will love this baby as much as I love Romi, and if I don’t stay with Nathan, I’ll raise him/her like he is there. I was going to tell Nathan after the show but things didn’t go to plan. ‘Time to get moving I suppose’ I sighed getting up.  First things first, Romi’s stuff. I started bundling her clothes into black bags, not having much time. I shoved the black bags with Romi’s clothes, bottles, clean nappies and bibs into the car followed by her portable crib and carry seat. I followed it up by packing my clothes in bags and boxes, before shoving them into the car. There was no way that I could take them all on the plane, so I’d have to leave them with Tom and Kelsey. I hadn’t booked a flight ad I hadn’t planned on leaving, so I planned on just turning up at the airport and heading where ever appealed to me. The car was full pretty quickly so I took that as my cue to leave. I found a pen and paper and scribbled a note:

‘I’m sorry Nathan, but I had to go. I need to think for a while, and going aboard is probably the only way I can make up my mind. No matter what I do I’ll always love you. I’m not sure where I’m going, but I’ll let Jay know and he can tell you. Please don’t come looking for me. Love you always Nay-Nay – Rachii xx’

I knew I needed to put it somewhere that Nathan would find it easily. I lifted a fridge magnet and gently placed the paper under it before leaving the kitchen. There he was, Nathan was standing right in front of me with a bunch of red roses. ‘What are you doing here?’ I spat. ‘I live here’ he replied embarrassed. ‘No really Nathan what are you doing here?’ I spat again. ‘I’m asking you for forgiveness. Please, I’m really sorry.  I love you more than anything in the whole world. I’m not letting you go without a fight. I promise I’ll never hurt you, Romi or the baby ever again’ he whispered throwing the roses to the couch. ‘You know?’ I whispered. ‘I know you too well by now. I can tell when you're not yourself babe and anyway your bump shows when you're naked’ he whispered placing his band on my barely there bump. He was just about to lean in and kiss me when the phone rang. Part of me wanted to kiss him, the other part didn’t.

 I sat down on the couch waiting for Nathan to finish on the phone. My head was spinning not knowing what to do now. I really hoped that he wouldn’t come back before I left, but he did. Not that he was home though, I suppose we could sit down and talk properly before making any decisions. It was probably the mature thing to do. ‘Babe’ he called, sending shivers down my spine, ‘we need to go back to the studios immediately something has come up.’ He hung up the phone and abruptly ushered me out the door.

You could cut the tension in the car with a knife it was that unbearable. I spent the whole journey looking out the passenger window, not knowing what to say to him. I was so nervous that I was shaking. Nathan sounded pretty worried when he came off the phone and Nathan normally doesn’t get worried over the biggest of things. When we arrived at the studio there were two people waiting for us who escorted us quickly inside. We were taken quickly to the aftercare room where Jay and Lizzie were both in sobs of tears being comforted by Jeremy and Graham. ‘Guys Lizzie has something really important that she wants to say to you. You may want to sit down for this’ Jeremy suggested. Lizzie sat upright in her chair and steadied herself. Her mascara was running down her cheeks making her look like a panda. ‘I’m really really sorry’ she whispered shaking her head. ‘Tell them Lizzie’ Graham whispered. ‘After Nathan and Jay had their saliva tested for the DNA samples, I switched them both so that it looked like Nathan was Caleb’s father but actually it’s Jay. Jay is Caleb’s dad and not Nathan.’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoopsie another cliffhanger! I think as a few of you suggested, I'm getting too addicted to Eastenders! But in my defense Joey Branning is HOT! :) Like it?

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael :) xx