Chapter 4 - 'Call an Ambulance!'

CONTAINS A LITTLE STRONG LANGUAGE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Nathan’s P.O.V*

‘Tom you idiot what did you do that for you?’ Emma shouted. ‘She was going for her phone. I wanted to stop her’ he shouted back. ‘I told you not to use the fucking gun!’ she exclaimed. ‘Why was it loaded if you didn’t want me to using the fucking thing?’ he replied. ‘Everyone just shut the fuck up and call ambulance’ I croaked.

I continued cradling her. The shirt she bought me for Christmas was now covered in her blood. Her face was pale and her eyes were closed. Emma and Tom rushed over to help. ‘Someone look after Romi, she’s crying’ I ordered. ‘Nathan I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt her’ Tom apologised looking me in the eye. ‘Really you didn’t mean it, did why did you shoot her?’ I asked angrily.  ‘Why hasn’t someone called an ambulance?’ I shouted. ‘Someone get Jay!’ I ordered. ‘Where is he?’ Tom asked getting up. ‘The spare room.’ I croaked playing with Rachael’s hair. Tom wondered out as Emma rocked Romi. ‘Rachael’ Jay whispered still a little tipsy. ‘Jay call an ambulance please!’ I pleaded. He picked up Rachael’s phone and rang for it straight away.

‘They’re on their way.’ Jay sobbed. ‘Oh shit’ Emma grumbled handing Jay, Romi before pulling Tom on with her. ‘What happened?’ Jay stuttered sitting down with Romi on the floor beside me. ‘Rachael came up because Romi started crying. I heard her talking on the monitor which was strange because she normally doesn’t really talk to Romi. When I came up Emma and Tom were here. They wanted Romi, and to kill us. They tied us up and told us that if we told them where the nappies were they would untie us. When they had their backs turned Rachael went for her phone, but Tom shot her’ I sobbed. The tears were starting to flow more urgently now.

I felt her hand grip mine as she slowly began to wake up. Her breathing became more hesitant and slow, like her lungs were closing up. Her eyes began opening slowly but they shut all of a sudden. Her breathing slowed even more and her pulse was fading. ‘No Rachael please don’t leave me. You can’t leave me. Romi needs you, I need you. I can’t live without you. Please just stay with us, the ambulance is on the way. We’ll take you to the hospital and this time next week you’ll be home, you’ll see. I promise you. You can’t go It’s too early to join your mum and dad.’ I sobbed pulling her lifeless body closer.

‘The ambulance is here’ Jay exclaimed getting up. ‘Lucy is on her way over too to look after Romi’ he told me. ‘Please bring her to the hospital’ I stuttered. ‘Are you sure it’s a place for a small baby Nath?’ he asked. ‘I want her there Jay. She may be the only thing I have left’ I mumbled. ‘Nath don’t say that. She survived the car accident didn’t she?’ he asked. ‘Yeah but it wasn’t as bad as this Jay’ I sobbed. ‘She’s strong. She’ll survive.’

I watched them gently place her on the stretcher and put her into the back of the ambulance. ‘Mr Sykes, I presume you want to come in the ambulance with us?’ the paramedic asked. I turned to face the boys and Lucy. ‘You go Nath. Kels and I will take care of Romi. We’ll be on straight after you’ Tom smiled. ‘Thanks guys’ I mumbled trying to get all the words out.

I sat through the whole journey trying to keep my eyes off her, but it didn’t work. There was doctors playing with her, fixing oxygen masks to her, trying to get her to breathe, but there was no sign of her waking up. I followed the doctors through the hospital until I was pulled back by Jess.

‘Hey Jess’ I sobbed hugging her. ‘She can’t die’ she cried. ‘She can’t. Romi needs her.’ She continued. ‘I know’ I replied trying to hold it together. ‘Everything will be fine’ mum reassured me coming over to rub me on the back.

‘This stupid place has become a second home to us’ I mumbled sitting down. Then there was an explosion of noise as the boys followed in with the girls and Romi. ‘Any news?’ Max asked. I shook my head. ‘They said in the ambulance that they were preparing theatre for her’ I told them. ‘Nath, I am so sorry that Tom did this. He was always the wild child in the family but I never thought that he would do this sort of thing. I’ll make it my duty that he is arrested and sent down for this’ he protested. ‘It’s fine’ I whispered.

‘I think Romi is crying for Daddy’ Kelsey smiled handing her over. I looked down at her small features. She had similar features to me, yet somehow she looked a little like her mummy too. She began smiling for the first time ever, which made me cry because Rachael had missed it. She missed it because of those two fools. To think she may miss the first time Rachael crawls, her first words, her first steps, her first birthday. She may not be there the day she starts school, her first boyfriend, or the day she walks down the aisle. We created her together, but I wasn’t going to let her bail on me after nine days. I was going to fight for her.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachii :) xx