CHAPTER - 17 : THE KANIMA

"They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk" Deaton said, dipping the cotton in some liquid, to tend to Scott's wounds.

"What is that?" Scott asked Deaton, referring to the liquid, while Venice lifted his shirt to show the wounds.

"Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Deaton replied.

Scott shook his head, saying "No."

" You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek" Deaton said, applying the liquid to his wounds, making Scott his in pain.

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how- how do you know anything?" Venice asked the vet, clearly getting confused with the amount of stuff the vet knows.

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you, is that I know about Scott's kind. Scott's kind? I can help. This. This is something different" Deaton said referring to what killed the hunter, while putting a band-aid on Scott's wounds and added "  I also know that something's happening to you and I can help you. I also know someone who can help you."

"I think we have to worry about that than worrying about me" Venice said, pointing to the body on the examining table and then at herself.

"Well, do you know what did it?" Scott asked.

"No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered" Deaton replied.

" All the things? How many different things are there?" Scott asked.

"A lot more. Way lot more things than what you actually know.  It'll be in a bestiary" Venice said, making Deaton smile at her.

"You mean a bestiality?" Scott asked.

"No. A bestiary. It's a record of all the supernatural creatures that are discovered" Venice said.

Suddenly, they heard the door of the front entrance open. Scott and Venice immediately rushed inside and hid in a closet.

Chris Argent walked in with a hunter, while Deaton was examining the body.

"I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent "closed" sign" Deaton said, not even turning around to look at them.

He then turned around, while Chris sighed and rolled his eyes. They walked further in while Gerard entered the room, saying "Hello, Alan."

Deaton just kept a poker face.

" It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired" Gerard said.

"Last I heard you followed a code of conduct" Deaton snapped.

"If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours" Chris said.

"I did, I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his finger tips. So don't assume I will be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions" Deaton said, not looking impressed by the hunters.

"He was only 24" Chris said.

"Killers come in all ages" Deaton said, glancing at Gerard, who just raised an eyebrow and said " All ages, sizes, shapes. It's the last one that concerns us."

Venice and Scott were listening to every word of what they're talking about, while staying hidden in the closet.

"How about you tell us what you found?" Chris suggested.

The three of them walked towards the body.

"See this cut? Precise. Almost surgical. This isn't the wound that killed him. This had a more interesting purpose" Deaton said, showing them a cut on the back of his neck.