Chapter10-Goodluck Charm

Chapter 10- good luck charm

RIGEN

I was seating outside just taking in the cool breeze when she made her way outside. It is high time she woke up. She had been on that bed for quite so time now.

I was even questioning myself of the possibilities of me housing a dead body. No, she could not be dead. From the beat I could hear from her chest, although it was faint I knew that she still had life.

I hope.

She was trying to reach for a mango fruit before I stopped her.

"Finally, you are awake"

I was expecting a reply. Even as a prince I let people be casual to me at times. This time she was the nearest human being to me. A normal conversation would do, right?

She looked hungry and from the time that I found her till now, must be weak and tired. No wonder she wanted to reach for the mango.

I then do the right thing and offer help.

"I was just about to eat. Come join me"

I AM A GOOD PRINCE AFTER ALL.

She does not protest which is good considering the fact that I was not ready to beg her to eat. She did not want to she could go ahead and die of starvation, although that would be after I force to walk a long distance away from my hut.

I cannot survive the stench of a dead body.

Not that I want her dead or anything. Not after, I wasted herbs.

She follows quietly behind me to my make-do fireplace/kitchen.

At least I could count as a kitchen. I make meals here.

To be more truthful, I make things that I force down my throat to quench hunger while I am here. My cooking is not too bad, I only have a slight problem with making the soup, porridge or whatever else I make have a good taste.

However, I could cook, a little. Enough about my cooking. Not enough. I could try to explain to her the problem at hand.

I set a stool for her to seat by my side. Weird how I say that. It was an idiom meaning to make her my queen. Forget that.

I the tap its top. This should show her what it was. She obeys my silent command. Good.

"I am not as good as you in cooking. I mean I have no working experience like you since you are a maid but I try"

She nods. AGAIN.

Since she awoke, she has not said a word. I am starting to think that the little accident she might have had has made her to lose her voice.

I give her a spoon to taste. At least, the taste should give some words of criticism but she still does not say anything.

She just motions towards a wild pepperbush and I get the message. I then cut some of it and hand it to her. She rinses them with water from a pot.

She takes my knife from me and chops the peppers into small pieces. It was obvious it took the toll on her. Her fingers were shaking badly.

She collects the spoon I had in hand and tried to stir the soup. If for anything it would have looked like she was mocking my cooking skills but with the way, she stirred. It made it seem as if she were crying for help.

I take the spoon back from her hand as carefully as I do can and stir. After that, I served her a plate, which she accepted without a fight.

She tried feeding herself but she could not. The soup could have all ended on the ground with nothing in her.