Chapter 6

A-Yeon's POV

"Eomma, it's been months. Have you been doing well? I missed you so much." A tear escaped from my eyes as I sighed, hugging my knees and laid my head on them.

CLICK

I heard the door of the rooftop clicked and whipped my head around to see him walking towards me with that smile of his, making my heart flutter. I smiled back at him as he took a seat beside me.

"I knew you'd be here! Everyone thought you went home after the Christmas party." He chuckled and turned to me. "Everything OK?" His voice was laced with concern. I gave a light nod and looked up at the night sky. "I just miss her." I softly replied.

He nodded and turned his attention to the night sky above us, "Me too." He remarked.

Silence took over us, but it wasn't an awkward one, it was a comfortable silence where we could only hear our own hearts beating.

"You know," He started as I hummed in response, my eyes still on the night sky, "I still owe your mum something." He continued as I turned to him, tilting my head in confusion.

He took a deep sigh and looked at me, "Before she left, she asked me something really important. But I wasn't able to give her an answer, and now I think I can tell you the answer I haven't had the chance to tell auntie.." He beamed and I noticed his gaze on me soften.

"I-" His phone rang, cutting off his words, "Hold on." He stood up and picked up the call.

Younghyun's POV

"Bro, you just had to call now? What is it?" I mumbled into the speaker of my phone.

"Whoa! Chill bro! Just wanted to check if you found A-Yeon, and we were worried about you cos you left us without a word." Junhyeok responded.

"Right, I forgot to inform you guys, sorry bro!" I laughed and scratched my nape in embarrassment.

"It's fine. We are leaving the café now. I guess you'll be sending A-Yeon home?" I hummed in response.

"Great! I hope you take this opportunity well, good luck bro!" Junhyeok stated and hung up the call.

Keeping my phone back into my pocket, I walked towards A-Yeon and held out my hand, "It's late, I'll send you home." She beamed and took my hand as I pulled her up.

"Brian, what did you wanted to say earlier?" A-Yeon probed, trailing behind me.

"I- It's nothing." I let out a nervous laugh and sped up, totally forgetting the fact that I was still holding onto her hand.

"Brian, I can't walk that fast!" She exclaimed and I immediately let go of her hand, "Sorry, I forgot." I apologised and walked out of the rooftop with her.

The drive back to A-Yeon's apartment was quiet, well not exactly. I could hear my heart beating like crazy, I hope she couldn't hear it. I started to feel nervous as we got closer to her apartment.

I gulped nervously and pulled the brakes, "We are here."

"Thanks for sending me home, Brian! Drive safely and text me once you get home! Goodnight!" A-Yeon smiled and exited my car.

I looked out of the car window as her figure became smaller and smaller before she disappeared out of my sight. I sighed and placed my head onto the steering wheel.

'Why can't I say it when I already have the answer?'

A-Yeon's POV

'I wonder what Brian wanted to say though. What did mum say to him? And what answer did he owe mum?' The doorbell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I walked towards my apartment door, and opened it. Before I know it, I was engulfed into a tight hug.