Pursuit

A garrison soldier and Sasha were sent to Trost to inform the others on what just happened. I sat down next to Hanji, who is still unconscious. I have small scrapes on my face, but that's because the wind made me press up against the wall. Armin was such a gentlemen trying to protect me even though it's my job to protect him.

"Armin! Where's Eren?" I saw that Mikasa was now awake.

"5 hours.." I sighed and looked out into titan territory, "they could be anywhere by now.." I thought.

"They're here." I heard someone say. I turned seeing our reinforcements.

"Erwin? Even MP's.." I mumbled and stood up.

"(Y/n), gimme a map." I jumped a bit seeing Hanji grabbing my foot.

"Moblit!" I called as Hanji grabbed my foot. "Hanji wants a map!" I said and he immediately brought a map.

"This may be a long shot, but there's a giant forest here. We should head straight for it." Hanji said pointing to the location on the map. "Though it's not likely they have a way to hide the armored titan's footsteps, but.. I think that's where they're headed." Hanji said.

"Why's that?" Erwin asked.

"It's a gamble, but even if they have the strength to turn into titans, the other titans outside the walls might still be a threat. Especially after all that fighting. They might not be as bad off as Eren, but I'm sure they're exhausted. Like how Annie was out cold for a while. Let's assume for now their destination is somewhere outside of Wall Maria. Considering the distance they have to cover, we can assume they'll need to recover their stamina. Which means, they'll want to rest somewhere where Titans are unable to reach them, at least until nightfall when the titans can't move." Hanji explained.

"So, we have until nightfall, or we might never get Eren back." I said and Hanji nodded.

Everyone scaled down the walls and got on their horses, we immediately began making our way to the giant forest. "Let's move!" Erwin yelled. I rode behind Erwin, with a few other high ranking officers, and then everyone else behind us, both scouts and MP.

"Spread out! Take formation to locate any enemies!" Erwin yelled and everyone began to spread out into the triangle formation. Me and another soldier stayed with Erwin, while others broke off into teams of 3 to 5.

"Red smoke shell confirmed from the right wing!" I said seeing a red flare.

"Do not change direction! Have the right wing merge with the center and hold course! We only have until sunset! We must take the shortest possible path!" Erwin ordered.

"Yes, sir!" I turned (H/n) around to pass the report to the closet person to relay the message to the rest of the right wing. I went to rejoined Erwin at the front. 

We shot green flares to continue moving forward. "Erwin, wouldn't Bertholdt and Reiner be able to see our flares? They might move up their plans and leave before sunset." I said.

"It's a risk we'll have to take." he said and I nodded.

Erwin shot a flare towards the left, but red flares came up from the left, then in front of us. "Commander, we're being surrounded." the other guy said.

"There's a way around, should we head towards it?" I asked.

"No, any detours and we'll be too late. We'll force our way through. All soldiers, prepare for battle!" He ordered. We shot another green flare forward to advance.

~~~~~

We finally made it to the forest. "Erwin, there was a light from the forest!" I yelled over the sounds of titans and yells.

"It's the light that appears when a titan transforms!" Armin yelled.

"Then we're right on time. Soldiers Disperse! We believe the enemy has transformed, locate Eren and retrieve him!" Erwin yelled. Everyone split into 2 and went around the forest, evading the titans in front of us. "Battle is not our objective! Prioritize recovery and retreat!" Erwin yelled noticing a lot of the MP's getting eaten.

I saw Armin, Mikasa, Hannes and one other I couldn't see with a few more others go into the forest. "(Y/n), you go too." Erwin ordered.

"Yes sir!" I jumped onto my horse, and then shot a wire into the trees.

"(Y/n)!" I saw Armin and I quickly turned and joined him. "What happened?" I asked seeing them chasing a titan.

"That's Ymir's titan form, she ate Christa! She's working with Reiner and Bertholdt!" Armin said.

"That's the end of the forest!" I said and stopped on the branch.

I looked down and saw Erwin and my horse. I jumped down and landed on the ground. I quickly whistled, and heard hoof steps. As (H/n) was running past me, I quickly grabbed the reins, pulling myself into the saddle. "Can't believe that worked." I smiled, "Let's go." I smiled patting  (H/n) who neighed in response.

(Idk i see this happen in movies sometimes, no idea if it works.)

AS the cahse continued, I heard loud foot stomps and glanced behind me to see that a horde of titans were chasing after us, "Just great.." I cursed and focused back on the titan shifters in front of us. "Where are you planning on going? Home? Not a chance." I thought.