Chapter 14 - Lisa's Emotional Roller Coaster

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Lisa." Jisoo spoke firmly.

"I love you and I miss you!"

"I miss you too!"

"Bye!"

"Bye."

This is okay. She's just a bit jealous when it comes to Jennie, but nothing more. We're okay. Nothing's wrong. We. Are. Okay. She's normal when it comes to everyone else, she never bothered me before like this. It's okay. This is just because of one person. Jisoo is not usually like this. She's just... We. Are. Okay. Lisa told herself but she felt like she was about to cry.

No, no crying! No! Come on! Lisa, don't cry! You are here to enjoy yourself! And you will! She shook herself out of her trance, wiped a single tear coming from her eye, put a smile on her face and continued to walk around Seoul.

I guess enough time has passed, I guess I could text Jennie now. Lisa was smiling again. Her heart was even racing because she did not know how to say "hi" again without it sounding like she was a clingy fan. She sat at a cafe and tried to come up with a decent text message.

Hey Jennie! I heard your radio interview today! I didn't want to bother you earlier, so that's why I'm texting now! Thank you for all the kind words you said about me, that meant a lot! And I'm really glad that you're going to use my other photographs for your accounts.

Lisa's finger was a shaking just a little, but she hit "send" in the end confidently.

Yeah! That's right! I can be cool! I'm the best! Lisa tried to give herself a pep-talk. She smiled looking at her message. Then she closed her messages and went on to drink her coffee.

After a while, her phone buzzed. Is this her already? Naw, it can't be. It IS! Let's read this!:

Hey Lisaaa! I'm so glad you heard the interview! I had no idea Yeri was going to ask me about the photograph, but I kind of had a feeling she would, since it was blowing up everywhere hahaha!

That was the first message, but Jennie kept on adding pretty quickly:

I was glad she did bring it up because I am happy to talk about my fans, especially dedicated ones such as yourself!

She closed it with:

Oh, thank you again for all the other photographs, I can't wait to post them online :)

Lisa's heart was pounding heavily, but she had to find the composure to write back and to keep things flowing. After all, if she really wanted them to be friends, she had to cool down with the fangirling. Not right away, and not completely of course. But just the right amount so that they could bond a bit more.

I mean, again, if she wants to have a celebrity-fan type of relationship, that's fine! I'm actually cool with that. I won't get disappointed... But then again... Being friends with Jennie really seems like a dream come true. But what if she doesn't want that in reality? I really have to walk the line and be cool about it. Cool, but not too cool. Ah, I'm rambling, better just send a text - Lisa mused.

She then wrote and sent:

I'm glad that my photograph of us is taking the internet by storm hahaha and I'm glad you are going to use the others as well.

Lisa was smiling at her phone.

Jennie's phone vibrated once again and she picked up to read Lisa's message. She mused with a smile on her face:

She's such a nice person, I mean, so humble. She really keeps pleasantly surprising me with how grounded and humble she is while she's texting me. Haha, look at that, she wrote "taking the internet by storm", she's so cute. Jennie then typed and wrote:

I hope Korea was a nice experience for you and I hope your flight to Thailand was pleasant :)

She put her phone down to go and get some water. When she came back, a message was waiting for her from Lisa. She smiled and read:

I'm still in Seoul :D I am going back to Thailand on Monday, I think in the morning. I'm exploring Seoul now and I'm really loving it. Maybe next time when I visit, we can go around town together :)

While she was reading that last part, Jennie was smiling and thinking to herself - Well, why not? she seems nice. I can take her out, we can see a bit of Seoul...Oh! Oh! I know a great restaurant I can take her to and we can eat cake there! Yeah! Cake! That will be great!

Her phone buzzed again and shook her out of her line of thinking. She smiled reading a new message:

I mean, I know you're probably busy, but I just wanted to say that I think it would be nice if we could hang out together the next time I come. But I fully understand that you, as a performer, have a busy schedule. So I'm not pushing anything. I just thought it would be nice. But again, I understand :D

Lisa then quickly wrote:

My my! I sure can ramble on sometimes, I'm sorry :D

Jennie was giggling while reading that last message and simply wrote back:

Oh you silly BanBan! We'll get together the next time you're here! Just tell me in advance so that I know when to prepare! :)

Lisa was feeling sick. She barely had the courage to write those last three messages, and was now hoping she did not come across as clingy or overly fanatic. But she had to send them. It had to be done so that she could see if Jennie really wanted for them to be friends. She might regret sending those texts, but she thought to herself: I'd rather regret doing this than not doing it at all.

She opened her phone to read the last message Jennie wrote. She started to mouth the opening words: "Oh you silly BanBan"... She continued to read the rest of the text message in silence, her eyes getting wider by the second. In a panic, she quickly wrote back:

Oh I will! Don't worry! I'm so glad you even considered that! I will tell you in advance and then we can hang out! Yay!

Jennie wrote:

Oh come on! :D Of course I will consider it, don't be silly! And not just consider it, no! We will hang out hahaha :D Remember, we're friends now! :)

Yeah, it still takes time getting used to it, but believe me, I'll get there! :D Lisa wrote with a huge grin on her face.

She mused: I mean yeah, she said it enough times. I believe her. I mean, I truly believe that we are now friends. It will take time to adjust to it, but I really will get there. I still will be considerate to her and I won't bother her, but yeah... We are friends! JENNIE KIM is my friend.

Another happy tear came down Lisa's face as she was thinking: I'm so happy with my life.

Her phone buzzed again, it was another sticker from Jennie, this time it was two different cats hugging each other, even tighter than the two previous cats. Lisa replied with a GIF of two lion cubs hugging.

She was sipping her coffee happily, exhausted from the emotional roller coaster she had been on today.

He-he! Two lion cubs hugging. Adorable. Jennie mused while putting her phone down and getting on the couch to watch some TV.

It would be pretty cool to hang out with Lisa when she comes back.