[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 13

Comenzar desde el principio

-

My mind was set. At exactly 1:30 in the morning, I woke up. The storm went down, it's dark inside, and I could hear soft snores. Everyone is sleeping, keeping themselves at home in their dreamlands.

I went back to my futon and stood right behind the blonde. I gripped tight into the weapon in my grasp. I won't kill him because I wanted to, but because this is my job and I can't do anything about it... How hostile must world be...?

"Celty-san, why? Why do you stop me?" I mouthed. I gritted my teeth and she just looked at me as I tried to get off her grasp. She looked at Shizuo and he seemed to be disturbed in his sleep.

Celty responded through her PDA, "(F/n), you're the assassin Izaya hired to kill Shizuo?"

"So what if I am?" I mouthed again. She tightened her grip on my wrist and I let go of the blade. She caught the knife by handle and brought it to herself.

I landed safe on the road as I jumped. I looked up once and ran away. Not looking where I was going, I tripped. One man went behind me and held my wrists behind with one hand. I struggled to get free, but I wasn't strong enough. Another man went in front of me and covered my face with a hanky.

As soon as my consciousness begin to fade, I heard the most shocking and ironic remark, "You did well, (F/n) (L/n). You did well tonight..."

-

I heard footsteps approaching. "There you are! You're finally awake, (F/n)!"

"I recognize that voice... you are..." When I turned to see who it was, I grasped in response. "Angela Veron, my rival ... And Alex Frodd!"

"Yes, it is us," Alex stoically answered.

The four men at the back pulled their hoods down and showed me their faces. I was taken aback in disbelief.

"Akari? Allison? Venn? Mari?!" I felt like I was crushed, with those friends holding the face of a traitor before me. And the men who took me last night who had covers in their faces looks the same as Akari and Venn. "What are you four doing here?!"

"No way..." I told myself.

Alex tied my mouth with a thick cloth. "Shut up."

I kept hearing the ring tone. I was hopeless. He wasn't picking up... I was begging deep inside, I was on the brink of shredding tears. Izaya, please... pick up your phone up...

Shortly, the demoness returned to me with a water hose and a wide dark grin across her face. "How would you like to enjoy what I'll do to you next? ~ "

-

"Thank Shizuo," Celty replied through her PDA, "He was the one who rescued you, and not me."

I looked down again. How could I? I threatened his life, yet he saved me...

"(F/n), I believed you won't really kill Shizuo. But how come this happened?" Shinra asked, worried, skeptical.

"Will you still kill Shizuo?" Celty asked this time.

I paused from that question and came up with a single answer. "Probably not..." I replied, attempting to smile, but ended up with an awkward failure, "I'm so fed up with my work and I want to change my life."

"Shizu-chan said he will be coming every now and then to check you up," Shinra inserted, "I think he was a little worried-"

"(F/n), you're already awake," the blonde said, closing the door behind him.