[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

The two nodded and rushed to Shizuo inside. Shizuo was sitting unconsciously and his head was bleeding. Regardless, Shinra shook him vigorously. "Shizuo, wake up! You can't sleep in a place like this! Tell us what happened!" he shouted demandingly. Celty couldn't stop him.

Disturbed, Shizuo woke up. He slowly opened his eyes and he saw Shinra and Celty in front of him. He gasped and suddenly stood up, toppling the two in front of him. "(F/n)!" he shouted as he thrashed, struggled to break free and run out of the basement, but Celty held him well with her black substance.

"Let me go! I need to save (F/n)!" he shouted as he glared back at the two.

"Stop it, Shizuo! Calm down! We need to discuss this," Shinra pleaded.

"Discuss what? (F/n) could be totally gone forever while I sit here and do nothing!"

"(F/n) is a strong woman. She won't be done in that easily," the old woman sternly said, causing the mad blonde to calm down and drop to the ground.

"Shizuo, you can't go there alone. We can't lose both of you." Celty showed her message to him as she released him partly.

"Tell us what happened. I'm sure we can rescue (F/n) if it takes all of us," Shinra added.

Shizuo looked at the two of them and at the old lady with scrutiny. "What? I didn't come here to weigh you down," the lady said disappointedly. Then, she pulled a few capsules from her pocket and proudly showed it to them. "Actually, I learned to do a few tricks with chemicals as Tatsu-kun's secret partner in the house."

"What are those capsules you're holding, old lady?" Shinra asked curiously and innocently.

"If you throw one of these in the air, it will explode and create a barrage volley of pure light," she explained. "It's not an issue if you inhale it. It's just a blinding light."

Shizuo turned back at Celty and Shinra. He asked, "Is this all of you?"

"I'm sorry we came on short notice and we couldn't bring everyone," Shinra replied, "But I'm confident we can manage the fight in this team and we are glad that you're safe."

"Who told you to come here? (F/n)?"

"I guess it's not that important to discuss who," Celty intervened. "We should know who our enemy is, what our enemy can do, and what we can do to stop them."

Shizuo looked at his palms and started thinking while Shinra wiped off the blood in his forehead. "If I could have gone earlier, I can take the enemy all by myself. She is a woman, 15 years old, and she's alone. Her name is Claudia Keats."

When Shinra finished treating Shizuo's wounds and Celty decided to let Shizuo off with her substance, the blonde grabbed an unconscious woman's body and showed it to everyone. In a split second, images of Chikara's return to Archen Hannes flashed on the old woman's mind. She gasped.

"That woman... It can't be!" she exclaimed horrifyingly as she pointed a dangerous pointer at her. Shooter was surprised as well. "That woman is still alive? And she even looked as young as ever!"

"You do know something about this, don't you, old lady?" Shizuo asked as he laid Claudia on the ground and walked to the lady to talk to her face to face.

"That is the woman who always clung on Chikara when he returned. She calls herself 'Leena Prestn'. It was a mystery to us. She was the first ever berserker experiment who my son threw away after he failed," she explained. "I thought she'd die eventually."

"Why did your son do something terrible as that? And you didn't even stop him?"

"I don't know," the old lady said, looking down. "He never said a word about it and he always tried to change the topic when I bring it up to him."