[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 5

Depuis le début

(F/n)'s eyes dilated. Even if she could just see their backs, she knew that it's definitely them. Shizuo and Claudia are together, clinging, flirting even. "You see, Shizu-chan dumped you because he found a better woman."

"No... way..." (F/n) slumped on her chair, holding back her tears.

"So now you see. If you'll be my girlfriend, you can shove to Shizu-chan's face what he wasted when he had you," he said as he offered his hand. "Do we make a deal? No, I mean, do you agree to be my girlfriend?"

(F/n) looked at his hand and then to his face and back to his hand. She was about to stick her hand out to grab his hand, but she was confused and debating it to herself. If she takes his hand, she becomes his girlfriend just as easy as that. (F/n) knows deep in her heart that she wanted a romantic love. She had Shizuo but she lost him. Now, Izaya is here for her.

She examined his eyes and he speaks the truth. Izaya wanted to be in a serious relationship. Although to (F/n), she may agree to do this because Shizuo broke her heart, but to Izaya, it is a new adventure in life.

"You know, (F/n), I can't stick my hand out forever. I just said I like you and you can learn to like me if we get together," he said and then reminded her, "For saving your ass all the time, one relationship is a small price to pay. It can clear your debts from me."

(F/n) gasped and completely put down her hands. By bringing her debts back to her at the time she might have decided to be in a relationship with him, it angered her. But it also relieved her and saved her from making another big wrong decision in her life.

"My debts? If it is to pay my debt, being with you is the last thing I want in my life," she stated this so seriously and offered him a different payment. "I know a lot about the mysteries of the lost Archen Hannes Village. With that valuable information, I assume I can repay all my debts."

Izaya sighed. "Even that confidential info is not enough with all the help I gave you in the past and even until now."

"Here are your orders, sir, mam," the waiter arrived and delivered their food. The two gladly thanked him. "Thank you for waiting," the waiter said before he left. The two resumed their discussion.

"Even now, you say...?" (F/n) raised her brow again. She never asked for his help and she wanted him to just mind his own business and forget about their past relations. But if the help he is talking about have leads towards Shizuo's whereabouts, she wanted to know about it.

"Yes. I ask only one thing in return. Be my girlfriend and I will treat you nicely," he insisted. (F/n) is getting tired about it. She is beginning to think that he is desperate for a lover.

"Why do you want a girlfriend, seriously? Isn't it easier to do your work without one?" she densely asked.

He slumped on his chair this time. "Ah! I'm not getting any younger. Shinra and nearly everyone in our batch already have girlfriends. Shizu-chan and I were the last without. I'd be fine if both of us ends without, but lately, he had you. I'm lonely, thinking that."

(F/n) wasn't sure how to react. His words just now confirmed what she was thinking earlier, that he is getting desperate for a lover. She thought that he might just be like her as well. She wished for a lover and had a tough love with him. Now, it is the information broker's turn.

She sighed and face palmed. "What should I do with you...?" She could pretend to be his girlfriend for the time being, but that doesn't solve their problems. It is just her being nice to her old assassination customer.

"No! You mustn't, Nee-chan!" exclaimed an energetic voice coming from the entrance of the restaurant. There are two girls, Kururi and Mairu. (F/n) knows them as Izaya's little sisters and she even asked them to help look for Shizuo.